Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Wii Fit

My mom gave us some Christmas money and we decided as a family that we should all pool our gift money together to get a family gift which was the Wii fit.

We have been trying for quite some time to get our hands on a Wii fit but they never seem to be in stock anywhere. We had even started looking way before Christmas. It's just crazy how popular all of this stuff is!

Cheesehead has a wonderful friend from work whose husband works at a retailer that sells electronics, she offered to have her husband keep an eye out for one for us. He saw that they got the Wii fit that we have been looking for and picked it up for us.



The first time I tried it I ended up being a giant snowball. I had Son demonstate the snowball for you. It's hard to see in this picture, but we laughed so hard.



There are over 40 activities to choose from when you unlock everything you can do. So far son has already reached his goal of losing 3 pounds. I suppose I should check how I'm doing towards reaching my goal.

I have found this to be very motivating for him especially, he just has to be number one at everything. I think it was a wise investment for our couch potato family. I'll keep you posted. Thanks Mom!

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

6 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Cindy,

I haven't tried the fit...but i have bowled and it is too much fun! I hear very good things about the fitness programs, they have made them a
lot of fun. Let us know more about it as you all get into it.

gail

Anonymous said...

I heard the wii fit is really good for losing weight. We got our wii after christmas and hubby had to be at our (rural)wal-mart by 6 am, opening. Just to get one. arghhh!

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

I love our fit. I have been too busy to use it every day. Soon, very soon, I will get with it. Do you know that your trainer grips if you miss days? Has your Mi soccer player had a fit on the field because she did not head enough balls yet? That thing it too funny.

Unknown said...

Gail- It is fun (and funny too). It's a great way to get a workout and have a bit of fun too. I'll keep you posted.

Dawn- Funny how they're so hard to get your hands on both the system and the fit. It's a great way to play video games AND get exercise at the same time. Even if you don't burn as many calories as if you really did it, it's still better than nothing.

Debbi- Yes, talk about a poor sport. I wonder if son helped them program those reactions. I am bad at everything but yoga. My trainer didn't complain, but the board sue did. It said I'd gained a ponud and a half since last time though I'm not sure why that would be. Can 6 hours during a day really make that big of a difference? I seem to get hit with more than my share of soccer shoes too.

Skeeter said...

Looks like a fun way to get fit. I cannot stay off the computer long enough to get one.. tee hee...

lisa said...

Congrats on the new toy! I say whatever works, and being fun is an added bonus. As for weight gain or loss: don't forget that muscle is heavier than fat, so as you build muscle the scale won't always be the best measure. I find it best to judge by the fit of your clothing as your fitness progresses.