Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

What in the World?

This so-called summer is flying by so fast it feels like I just blinked in May and it's already August now. The temps are still feeling about the same, though not quite as cool at night. Where has the time gone?

I have been keeping busy as usual, I'll share more details and some pictures sometime soon but just thought I'd give you an idea of what I've been up to so far this summer besides spending too much time on facebook. I spent a couple of minutes compiling a "short" list detailing my activities.

1. Installed edging and crushed red granite in front of the shed.
2. Cheesehead made me some shutters for the shed which I painted green.
3. Painted and stained swing set, new trellises, and siding for Peanut's playhouse.
4. Helped Peanut construct her own garden space under her slide.
5. Planted a new garden in front of shed and added river rock and edging.
6. Expanded side yard and moved a bunch of rock and brush around.
7. Helped Cheesehead build a deck.
8. Stained ramp we built for shed last summer.
9. Cleaned and organized craft room.
10. Took son on several different doctor appointments. We think he's diabetic.
11. Researching how to make foods like our own tomato sauce with less sugar.
12. Suffering with tooth pain. Have appointment with dentist tomorrow.
13. Son started PW Football tonight. Next 3 weeks we'll be running 5 days a week!
14. Now working on the new garden back by the new deck in backyard.
15. Caring for plants. Tomatoes are growing like crazy but all still very green.
16. Glad I mulched some blackberry bushes earlier since so many are drying up now.
17. Painted crown moldings to be installed in living room area.
18. Made upholstered headboard for our bedroom.
19. Searching high and low for decent sandals with an enclosed back not high heeled.
20. Helping MIL with various home projects.

Man, seeing all that I've been working on made me even more tired than I already was. What in the world was I thinking? I need to go to bed!

Thank you for stopping by to chat with me. Please leave me a message, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

5 comments:

Nola said...

I love it! I need to do the same thing, make a list of the things I've DONE! Mine would include too much time on facebook, too much time on Twitter, too much time play online games!

Dawn said...

Hi Cindy, Pee wee football is the enjoyable football! Highschool is 2 x's a day! Once in the am, once in the pm. Fun, fun.

Helen/patientgardener said...

Gosh you have been busy - I feel quite exhausted readin your list

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

No wonder the summer has flown by, you've been busy!! The sports really make summer busy, my daughter plays soccer year round and driving to practices and tournaments takes a lot of time.
Hope everything is okay with your son health wise.

Unknown said...

Nola- I know. I have a hard time quitting playing bejeweled blitz because I want a higher score. Crazy. At least I've gotten other stuff done too!

Dawn- 2 times a day is a bit much. I guess it will be a while before I have to worry about that.

PG- Makes me feel good though. I didn't think I had accomplished much before I wrote that list.

Catherine- I couldn't imagine year round, holy cow! Lots more still to do too. We'll see if it gets done or not!