Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Deer Candy



This is what our lawn looked like before we worked on it. It was weedless almost. We added a few inches of topsoil and lime to it before we did the grade work. It was starting to look pretty decent last fall before the snow flew. Now I need to find plants that will grow in these conditions. Any suggestions?



Look what those deer (Cheesehead calls them giant rats) did to my poor arborvitae! There a 2 tiny sprigs of green left growing on there, if you squint just right you may be able to see them! I need to find some plants that all the forest critters will allow me to enjoy. Somehow I just don't want to spend money on plants that will end up looking like this. Oh, did I mention our soil is beach-like, acidic, and fairly shady?

I'm new to zone 3 so I'm having trouble. My old yard had no animal problems, plenty of sunlight, decent soil (it was still fairly sandy but nowhere close to the rock and sand I have now), and was not acidic. Nothing like being thrown into completely different conditions!

I'm working on researching plants and stuff right now. I'd welcome any suggestions you may have!
Post a Comment