Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Proclaiming spring time!

Even though we had snow up to our knees, it was a beautiful day. Maybe not warm enough for you southern climate folks, but it was 40!

What is a good northerner to do on a day like today? Haul out the shovel so we can grill out of course! I would have loved to get a picture of that, but I was checking my email so I missed all of the fun. Oh well, you all have wonderful imaginations anyway!



This is the snow in our back yard still. It's up to my 7 year old daughter's hip! I suppose you can't really tell from this picture though....



Cheesehead was grilling out on the charcoal grill tonight. What did we have for dinner? Well, here you can see our tender juicy BBQ pork ribs and crispy potato patties. With it we had some sweet and delicious peaches and cream corn on the cob with a loaf of crusty garlic bread. Mmm. Sorry, it was SO good I didn't take the time to take a picture of them! If there weren't some weirdos out there I took a FAB-U-LOUS picture of TBO after eating. His face was covered in bbq sauce from ear to ear. Very precious! We had to hose him down when he was done eating.

You should have seen me trying to snap this picture, I'm sure it was quite a sight. I'm leaning precariously over a snow pile trying not to fall over into a snowbank while Cheesehead is trying to lean out of the way so I could get the food in view.... HA!


Oh, remember these bird houses from the picture this morning? Look how it melted today. YAY! Although my poor shoes were soaked from all of the melting snow that didn't get scraped off of walking surfaces. I guess I'll be wearing a different pair of shoes tomorrow!
Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

7 comments:

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

We've cooked out when it was cold, but not when there was snow on the ground.

Debbi

Anonymous said...

I love that you're cooking out with snow on the ground...sounds like something I'd do! Not that we ever have any real weather to speak of...it was a bone-chillin' 65 degrees today...coolish for us here in Southern CA.

Foodie note: RE cooking the ribs. Gas or charcoal grill? I notice you cook your ribs on a sheet of foil...for the whole time? Pre-baked or put directly on the grill? Just for fun, I've been experimenting with various methods of cooking ribs.

Unknown said...

Debbi- Well, we just love to grill what can I say? We just may be a bit crazy.

Lin- It has to be fairly nice, but we don't mind a bit of snow on the ground. Heck it's snowy here at least 5 months of the year so if we ruled those months out, well I hate to even think about it!

We have both types of grills but when we have the time we prefer charcoal. He does the sheet of foil because he doesn't like to clean the grates. Sometimes I clean them, but not as often as we should. We don't want to make the family sick or anything. I know it takes some of the benefits of grilling away when you do that but.... We put them directly on the grill. The grill was cooking hot so we didn't end up wiating too long either. He put some Famous Dave's rib rub on them and let them sit for a while before cooking them. I LOVE it when he cooks for us!

tina said...

bbq time means spring. looks good.

Gail said...

cinj,

hello,...here comes a big warm hug
(( ))...I know you are makiing the very best of the white stuff!

Gail

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, cheesehead is a keeper! My George is pretty good at making mac n cheese in a pinch :). Just when most of the snow was gone so we can drag out our grill....the big snow comes. Thankfully it's almost gone now :). Happy day Cinj!

Unknown said...

Tina- Yum! It sure was delicious. I had some leftovers for lunch today. Hard to believe there was any.

Gail- Thanks. I needed that. AND shopping. I feel much better now!

Kathi- I know! He's so great. It's nice not having to do ALL of the cooking. My dad wasn't much for cooking either. He could, but it was easier to pretend he didn't know how to do stuff so he could get waited on instead. Cheesehead is a more modern day man.