Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Bugs!

All the snow we still have is depressing me, so I decided to go out and soothe myself with a shopping trip. Look what I found! They were only $1.00 for the small one (I think it's supposed to be some sort of fly?), and $1.19 for the other one (a butterfly whose wings are attatched with springs so they flap in the breeze). Aren't they cute?

Sorry about the "lovely" picture setting, but I was a passenger in the van and I was dying to get a picture of them before it got dark. I tried to put them in the ground when we got home, but the ground is hard as a rock. I guess they'll have to wait a couple of weeks or so.

I'm thinking about trying to make some of these this summer with my kids. Wouldn't it be neat?



This is what I have decided to designate as "the fly".




The butterfly.


There were some really neat silver ones too, but I already have 2 copper ones in my MN shed. My husband laughed at me for my reasoning. I wanted my metals to match. Is that really all that unreasonable?

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

11 comments:

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Very pretty. I picked you first.

Anonymous said...

I found a couple of those today at WM. but mine hang on the side of a pot. I thought they were cute. You can find some neat things if you can take your time & look.

Melanie Chopay said...

Hi Cinj, wow, you got a bargain! They're lovely :-)

Gail said...

cinj,

shopping always helps!

gail

Anonymous said...

I have some that look very much like thoses. Isn't it fun to shop for garden things? My family and friends tease me about the garden stores loving to see me coming...I seldom come home empty-handed--though I try to show some restraint. ;-) My latest is a bird bath. A gift for my birthday from my son. Love it!

Once Spring arrives in your area, you'll have fun decorating your garden.

Anonymous said...

The fly...isn't that a movie? The snow is slowly, ever so slowly melting away, do you think we'll get another storm this weekend? Hahahah, one can only laugh or...go shopping! I hate shopping though, so laugh it is! Great find! they would look good in the garden. :)

Unknown said...

Debbie- Thanks!x2?

Lola- That sounds neat. I have tons of pots, I may have to make a run and check them out.

Melanie- I know! Right? I was impressed. I was only going to buy one, but I just couldn't decide. Al those prices I just couldn't leave without both of them!

Gail- Yes, it's always been good therapy for me. I just need to control it. I got myself into a bit of trouble using shopping as therapy before....

Lin- I know. I enjoy looking just to see what's there. I don't even always need to buy anything (although I'm always tempted to!). I didn't even get these at a garden store, it was a surplus store.

Wait til you see my collection of garden stuff. I know I have WAY too much. I sold the stuff for a while though so of course I had to buy everything I liked so I could show them at my parties. Poor excuse I know, but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Kathi- LOL! Yes, I guess it is. I can't wait until the ground thaws out so I can stick them in the ground. I can't wait until I pick up the rest of my garden stuff from my other house. I hope I can fit it all!

BTW, at least the predicted weather is rain... or was it rain/snow mix. UGH. These weather people drive me absolutely CRAZY! I've had enough of the snow. I want it to stay above freezing so this stuff melts off more. Still no grass even CLOSE to showing in my "new" yard.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy.
I just popped over to see what you've been up to ~ the shopping looks fun. I hope your snow is almost gone by now?? The bbq looked yummy!

Unknown said...

Kathleen- I wish. Still snow aplenty here with no grass in sight. Oh well! At least it's getting nice enough that it's not freezing at night anymore....

Shady Gardener said...

Hi! The bugs are cute and do-able, I think. I wonder if my memory bank would hold that idea? ;-)

Unknown said...

Shady- I was thinking about trying to solder some old hangers or something. Do you think it might work? I suppose they'd look better if I went and bought something, but I'm pretty cheap....