Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Free at last!

Maybe I'm speaking too quickly, but I am thankful that my work is done for the summer. I haven't had the time to blog, read blogs, grocery shop, or do anything at home in the last two weeks. I feel like I've barely had time to turn around! I don't remember ever being so busy this late in the year. I mean, isn't the whole point of subbing so I don't have to work every day?

I've been debating if I should apply for my own teaching job anytime soon but I'm just not sure if I'm ready. I mean, do I WANT to be tied to meetings, testing, planning,... It's endless!

Maybe I'll just enjoy my family time while the kids are still young and worry about my career later. I find myself worrying though that if I go too long without getting a full time job that people may think there's something wrong with me and not hire me. (You know, like why people avoid buying a house that's been on the market for too long.) Do I just worry too much?

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's time to make that list---pros and cons of going back to work. Maybe subbing is all you need to do for awhile. It will keep your foot in the door. I taught for years and it is such a commitment. You do lose lots of family time. At least with subbing---no grading.

Anonymous said...

It probably comes down to how much you need the money. That's the reason most of us work. We take the good and the bad (hopefully, more good!) in exchange for what gives us the means to take care of our family, save for the future (vacation, college for the kids, retirement, etc.) and buy plants!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. As long as you get summers off, long vacations, and are out of school by 3 or 3:30, hopefully you could teach fulltime and enjoy lots of free time with your kids!But if "fulltime" and "stress" are synonymous, and you don't absolutely have to do it, it makes sense to sub and get your new house and yard together instead. (As if that's not a fulltime job by itself!)

Anonymous said...

My two cents is if you can swing it to keep subbing, do it. You never get time back with your kids but there will always be another job. Good luck with your decision.