Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Wonderful wildflowers!

Yes, that's a plural. These pictures even turned out somewhat decent. Since they're wild flowers they are on the small side. I couldn't get the purple ones to turn their faces to the camera.



Look at this yellow beauty all cozily nestled into a thick blanket of pine needles. I suppose I have to fess up that this flower is blooming where I don't bother raking. No one ever said I have to rake the whole yard!



These are the purple ones I told you about when I posted my dandelion picture. They sure are lovely! They're so shy all faces pointed at the ground like that.



These white flowers haven't started to fully open yet. I believe they're growing on some sort of birch tree. The bark is a reddish brown and they are not growing in a clump. Cheesehead doesn't seem to think that it's a birch, but the wood striations really look birch-like to me. Once they're fully opened I will repost the pictures.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful wild flowers, do you have any lady slippers around those woods :)...I'm not sure that's a birch but what do I know?

Meems said...

Don't know about your tree... sorry. But I do know those wild flowers are adorable. So nice you are getting to see flowers way up where you are! It must be really nice weather now.
Meems @Hoe&Shovel

Gail said...

Adorable blue flowers...wish they weren't so shy and we could see their pretty faces...

Gail

Unknown said...

Kathi- No lady slippers here yet. I just may think about fixing that though! I'd also love some trilliums too.

I'm not great with tree identification.

Meems- It's been pretty nice around here lately. At night we've had frost, but no losses yet. Nice to see flowers growing around here.

Gail- I'll try to get them to face the camera on a nice sunny day. Last time I tried the picture didn't turn out. The flowers are pretty small. I sure love their coloring though.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, birches have catkins, not flowers, so I know it's not a birch. Cherries have striated bark, but those aren't cherry blossoms, either. In fact, they look like magnolia blooms (as in star magnolias, not Southern magnolias, obviously). But I don't know of any magnolias that would be hardy that far north, so I'm stumped! Hopefully, somebody with more sense than I have will come to your rescue and identify it. Now I'm dying to know what it is!!!

tina said...

No need to rake the whole lawn, it is better to leave it to sit sometimes.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Wildflowers like leaf litter. They give you permission not to rake. The purple flowers look like the native Violet. I have no clue what your yellow flower is. I wonder if your tree is some kind of Amelanchier? It's hard to tell from the photo.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. How did the mom's like their flower containers? Did I miss where you reported back on that?

Unknown said...

OFB- I know. That's why we're so stumped. I got some better pictures so maybe someone will stumble across the correct answer?

Tina- That's what I keep telling Cheesehead and his family. They didn't used to think we could have a nice lawn without raking. I think he's relaxing a bit now though.

MMD- Yes, the purple flower is a violet. The others are still unnamed. At least we don't need to know the name of a flower in order to enjoy their beauty!

Anna- Thanks! Umm, now that you mention it... I can't remember if I ever posted about it. I thought I typed about it somewhere.... I suppose I must have typed it as a response to a question?