Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Peanut's at it again!

I hoped she had rid herself of her naughty ways since she hasn't been in much trouble this school year. Alas, my hopes were dashed when she got in trouble twice in the last month!

The worst part wasn't even that she got in trouble. Don't get me wrong, I frown on this behavior heartily and she does get in trouble for acting up in school. The worst part though is that she tries to hide it from me! The last two times she has lied and said there was nothing to worry about in her backpack (locker) and attempted to hide the write up slips from me. What's the point? Silly girl, she must know that she'll be figured out eventually.

I'm hoping I nipped it in the bud though. After her last escapade I marched right into her room and told the teacher (with Peanut in attendance) that if a write up slip didn't come back the next day I would appreciate an email. I then proceeded to explain why. Her teacher and I both expressed our disapproval of such actions. I hope she doesn't attempt this any more. She gets in way more trouble for lying about getting in trouble than "just" for getting in trouble anyway. SIGH!

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you took the right approach, Cinj! Poor Peanut, let's hope that's the end of it (at least for now...).

Barbee' said...

I guess most kids try lying at least once. I didn't do it again after the switching I got for saying my little brother broke the hen egg.

Anonymous said...

Most kids will try to see how far they can go with a parent, in today's age of email hopefully she has learned. I too hate lying more than anything, good parenting!

Gail said...

Sometimes it's hard to be a parent, especially when we have to be tough with our little ones...sounds like you had to set some boundaries and did the right thing!


gail

tina said...

It is so going to happen, but it passes.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word yes----it humbles them too. My youngest tried it a million times and we laugh about it now. Once he came out of the bathroom holding his empty supper plate in his hand saying he just finished up supper in the bathroom. We looked in the toilet and peas were still swirling around in there.

This is good old testing the waters. It's not robbing the bank behind bars attitude. Once they know mom has eyes in the back of her head---they'll get less brave. My oldest was not a challenge so much--but my youngest continued the habbit for quite some time. I had to be on my toes with him. He likes to tell me know about the things I never caught. Now he feels guilty about it.

Unknown said...

I want to thank everyone for checking in with me. I "know" it's just a phase, but I don't know that it will ever pass! It seems like she's been a troublemaker forever. I guess it's basically been since we moved over here.

I sure hope that I can get her straightened out soon. There's such a thing as kids will be kids, but there are extremes that I don't like to go to!