Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day June 2008

What a trip. I am just settling back in, I sure am glad to be home. Boy, did my flowers start to pop open while I was gone! The peonies are almost ready to bloom, I'll have to do a seperate post for them as I am sure they will be done blooming by the time the next bloom day rolls around. Usually they would already be done blooming by now, but it's been rather cool this spring.

When I left, only the creeping phlox was in full bloom, now several others have opened as well. There are many more almost ready to pop open too.



The phlox I have chosen to feature is one of many, the tag identifies it as candy stripe. I have pink and purple ones as well, but I didn't want to upload all of them. Sorry, I guess I'm just being a bit lazy! Obviously this was taken some time ago, but it is still blooming.



We also have several wild flowers. I'm not sure what these are called, but we have both orange and yellow ones. Only a few of them are open, but any day now the rest of the buds will be unfurled. I just love the fuzzy stem on there plants, what great texture they add to the garden.



We also have lovely dwarf coreopsis in bloom. What a gorgeous plant, with bright, a cheerful colors.



The purple showers tufted violets are looking dainty in their semi-shaded home.



The Dwarf Beard Tongue was on the decline, but I found one really nice looking bloom still in all of it's glory.



We also have a large variety of pansies in bloom.

Remember the plants that the deer ate up? Don't they look nice? This one is the one with all of the different colors in it. I just love how all of them are varied and mixed together with each other. I wish I had taken pictures of their parents a few years ago. I planted dusty millers and marigolds in the front corners to help the critters away. It worked on one of the two planters, but I think they are munching the other planter from the side that doesn't have any of these objectionable plants on it. At least it seems to be helping a little bit!

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

14 comments:

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Oh my, I think those deer actually helped the blooming process! Your flowers are coming along nicely :). I've had several bouts of hail but the damage hasn't been as bad as others....great pictures Cinj!

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

I enjoyed your pictures. Everything looks wonderful!!!(-:

garden girl said...

very pretty blooms Cinj!

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

You always have some mystery plant that stumps me. I like your cute violet & your white Columbine (but then I always like the Columbines). Your Pansies all look so good together & very happy.

Unknown said...

Kathi- Yes, that bunch actually looks pretty good. I'm not so sure about the other ones though.

Cindee- It's so nice to have some color FINALLY! Well, non-annual color that is...

GG- I was so happy to see them all blossoming when I got home.

MMD- I know, I've got some interesting plants around here, don't I? I guess I'm not so worried what they're called as long as they add a nice splash of color to my otherwise drab surroundings!

Anonymous said...

Your flowers look great--wow..I can't believe what a difference a few days makes. I was thinking about you today and wondering how the sheriff sale went? Hugs to ya.

I do have a new blog up. It's mostly for documenting my personal genealogy stuff. There will be other stuff that interest me too--lol. I needed a way to contact folks who I do genealogy stuff with and I won't be making those post public. The only thing up so far is my house pictures. But you are welcome over there and anyone else who just wants to say hi.

I'm not on blotanical. I don't have an account there so can't answer messages left there.

Have a great afternoon. I'm off to fix supper. I'll check back in on you later.

Unknown said...

Anna- Thanks! I know, crazy isn't it? Not that I mind though. I wondered about it too. I had thought about it, I debated staying just to hear what people bid on it today, but I decided it would be too emotional. There were 19 listed to be auctioned today. It would have been interesting to be there.

New blog? Where? I can't just stick to blogging about gardens. It's fun just talking about whatever crosses your mind. I haven't done any geneaology stuff lately, I really should. Are you going to make some public posts too? Where did you find people to talk with geneaology stuff with?I've got so much going on though with putting in the new gardens, chasing after kids, planning our first real vacation in a couple of years, unpacking boxes, I could go on and on....

You should see the work I did today in my garden! I think I'll wait and blog about it tomorrow because I still want to do a post about the stepping stones we made for Cheesehead for Father's Day today. I don't want to spend too much time blogging so I don't get to anything else.

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to your page on blotanical, you dissapeared from all my lists, all your comments vanished. It's weird! I don't like that they would just do that to someone with no explainations or anything.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the deleting of comments Cinj-I didn't know that either?? We've had 3 attempted break--ins. I had to change my email etc. I guess in changing my email or closing down my blog...comments just got deleted on blotanical. I didn't delete them there. I can't even access blotanical. Anyway--I'm back talking cause I think the sheriff decided it was a bunch of teenagers in the neighborhood who had nothing better to do. There were several break-ins to new homes. They still haven't caught these people and I'm nervous a lot. I have been keeping my son's dog for extra security. It's a big dog!

I'm so sorry about your house. I wouldn't want to watch. It seems so harsh and I wouldn't want to hear the comments. You are good to get on with things. I think you've done fantastically with your attitude towards it all. You tried more than anyone I know to work it out and get it sold. Your faith and testimony through it all really shines. Hugs to ya today for all you've been through.

Unknown said...

You don't even know the 1/2 of it! My second mortgage company calls every week and harrasses me even though I've told everyone there my story. I spent an hour on the phone with 3 different people there today too. I get so upset n=because some of these people say I shouldn't let it forclose because it's not the "right" thing to do. How would they know? It just makes me want to go into a rant every time someone says that to me. I mean, what do they think I've been doing the last 2 years, sitting on my thumbs? Grr!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cinj. What a nice treat to arrive home to flowers. They're all beautiful. Whatever you're doing, keep it up. :-)

Anonymous said...

You just hang in there and know that those of us who have really followed your story--understand you tried hard. All those people calling have never been in your shoes probably. You aren't your typical ---call it quits early person. You tried for two years and lowered the price to the point it was almost giving it away. I understand and admire you greatly. You can walk away from it knowing you did your best.

Unknown said...

Anna- It makes me feel good to know that there are at least a few people out there who understand everything we have been through to try to sell the house.

Shirley said...

Hi there Cinj, great Bloom Day post :-)

Your mystery plant looked familiar. I posted on wildflowers last July when on holiday in Wales, UK. I think your plant is Fox-and-cubs (Philosella aurantiaca) orange hawkweed (J2) if you want to look here
:-D

Wild flowers really can look quite striking when you look closer as I did last year. My favourite from your blooms, after the wild flower, is the delicate aquilegia (columbine). I am guessing it is perhaps scented too :-D

Sorry to read you've had probs selling your house. Sending my best wishes :-D

Carol Michel said...

Cinj, thanks for posting for bloom day. Your blooms show up later than mine... my peonies are way past 'done' and need to be deadheaded.

I'm not up to date on your house problems, but from the comments, it sounds like it isn't good but you are handling it well. Good luck to you!