Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Oh, the damage!

Hi all. I just thought I'd stop by and say hi. I'm on an express computer since there are no internet cafes here for me to use. I want to stop by and visit you all, but somehow I just don't know that 10 minutes would allow me to do that!

I got back to MN and checked out all of the hail damage. One of my neighbors is a contractor and he estimates that we have about $24,000 worth of damage to the house, shed, and roof. I debated if I should file a claim or not with it going up for sheriff's sale on Monday, but I think I'm just going to hold off unless I get an offer that says they want me to fix the hail damage. I don't need any extra hassles that no one's requiring me to do, right? I mean, I went through this whole process about 2 1/2 (or was it 3?) years ago and it was certainly NO picnic!

Had two more showings today as well as a showing on Tuesday, so I'm still hoping for that offer.

I'm sure this poor lady sitting next to me thinks I'm some sort of pig or something. I was outside weeding the garden and I saw that the grass was very long. I decided to I mow the lawn when an unexpected showing came through. There was supposed to be another one within the hour, so I didn't even have the time to shower before I left the house. I think I could use a nice hot bubble bath tonight!

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

9 comments:

Syl said...

My thoughts are with you... Stay strong.

My BIL in Ramsey got baseball size hail! They had everything replaced, including the cars.

tina said...

Yup, stay strong. This will pass.

Anonymous said...

I know you are tired and my thoughts are with you too. I really don't think I've ever heard of anyone having so much trouble with a house. I feel so sorry for you. You take 3 steps forward and 4 back. If I were you, I'd be glad to let it go. What a nightmare. I'm so sorry about the hail damage.

I've been checking in at your blog all day to see if you had left any messages. I'm sending you extra bubblebath wishes...Hugs too.

Hey--I'm not on blotanical anymore. I went to sign in after changing my email and couldn't get on. I decided not to contact Stuart and renew.
Anna

Anonymous said...

Poor Cinj! We had a hideous hailstorm here, too, but mercifully it was ice-cube-size hail, and though it did quite a number on the large-leaved plants, it didn't damage the house or car. Yikes!!! I think you're wise not to try to do anything to the old house unless someone insists. you've been through enough! Enjoy that bubble bath and hang in there, girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know--my thougts are with you today. I'm unpacking boxes. I finally found the family photos--now it seems like home.
Hugs,
Anna

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Nothing can beat trying to sell a home long distance for driving a person up the wall. I hope it all works out soon.

Amy said...

Ugh, the last thing you need to deal with right now is hail damage! I hope you were able to get that hot bubble bath!

Unknown said...

Hey! I found a great sale at BBW where I got some bubble bath at 75% off! What a great find. I stocked up on a bunch of them.

Syl- Yikes. That's some big hail. I don't think ours was quite that big judging the dents in my aluminum gutters, but I'm glad my cars weren't here to see the storm. We had hail damage to our car last time around too. At least I escaped that fiasco!

Tina- I'm trying, but boy is it hard!

Anna- I sure am curious why all of the trouble. I've never heard of anything like this either. I feel so relieved to not have to worry about that garbage anymore, it's not even funny. Tomorrow's the sale. No offers yet, I'm not anticipating any either. I mean after 2 years why bother? Mom has 6 months left to live there if she wants to. For some reason she's still holding on tight and refuses to move on. She's a bit P/O'ed at us right now since we took most of the appliances, but I told her I was going to do that a month ago if we didn't get the house sold. Should she really be feel so surprised?

That's weird. I wonder what happened?

OFB- That's awful. Most of the time plant damage can be overcome with time and TLC, but it's still horrible to deal with. You should see some of my sad plants. I'm taking a bubble bath tomorrow.

MMD- It'll be over one way or another in 6 months. I'm just trying to put all of this junk behind me. I hope this never ever happens to anyone else EVER! I could deal with a "few" aspects of our situation, but all of them combined together is just plain crazy.

Amy- I know! Tell me about it. UGH.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

I too keep getting hail and more hail but it could be worse...I'm sorry to hear the day is coming so quickly and it has to be a Munday! I hope you get an offer Cinj! My prayers are with you!