Many people have been asking about my recipe for my soil experiment. So, Linda here is the recipe for you! I hope you get wonderful results from it. I've gotten great results with this recipe compared to Shultz Moisture Plus Potting Soil which was super expensive and didn't go nearly as far money wise.
I filled my container about 3/4 full of ordinary topsoil/potting soil. The cheapest stuff I could get my grubby mitts on. Then I took a scoop from each bag of perilite, sphagnum peat moss, and cow manure compost until the container was as full as I wanted it.
Once I had as much soil as I needed in my pot, I used my trowel to work the top layer into the soil. Once the mixture looked to be completely mixed I planted my plants and watered when needed. That's it. It was pretty easy, I will definately be making my own mix from now on! I hope you can all benefit from this experiment too. I think it will be a big money AND time saver for all of us.
If you'd like to see the comparisons, please check the post before the last one. Sorry, I'm too lazy to relink. Too tired from shed building!
Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!