Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Some advice is meant to be followed!

Have you ever heard people say measure twice, cut once? Well, they obviously came up with that slogan for a reason!



Here I was thinking I was going to help Cheesehead SO much by doing the rest of the floor of the shed. I don't think MY brand of help was really all that helpful this time. Well, unless you want a mouse invasion in the shed. Now I need to figure out how to seal up my goof.

Apparently I measured once and cut twice instead. Silly me!

I kicked myself off of this project after installing just one sheet of flooring. I think my skills will be better if saved for painting and priming. If it would stop raining long enough I could get going on that.

He asked me last night if I included this in my shed building post. He laughed when I told him I simply forgot. (Well, it could happen, I do forget a lot of stuff. So what if I forgot to mention this flub accidentally on purpose?)



If I had done my cuts properly it would have looked like this. Just add a little spray foam and we'd be all set. Now I'm going to be forced to be creative with my mistake.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

9 comments:

Amy said...

Oh boy, I can relate, but more in the realm of cutting fabric than wood. Cutting out a new pattern is a major stress for me. Once I'm sewing I have a good time, but the cutting part really makes me sweat!

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

This is why I never ever ever help with a construction project.

Skeeter said...

I had to giggle at the measure once and cut twice remark! We use that one a lot! LOL...

I was going to suggest the spray foam but that is quit a hole you have there. Might not be able to use the spray foam for that one! Maybe some mesh then foam over it or wood putty? Or get a new piece of plywood and start over. Hey, this boo-boo piece of plywood can be the first thing you store in the new shed!

We put down adhesive tiles in the utility room floor and we messed up so many times. We were tracing our outlines on templets but forgot to reverse the tiles several times! Thank goodness we were able to use all the goof pieces in other spots. LOL

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

ROFLOL! Yes Cinj, it's measure twice and cut once...good thing I have never had to learn the hard way! ;) yeah right! I hope my brother doesn't read this :)

Have a wonderful Friday!
Kathi :)

PS,
where's those baby birds!

Gail said...

cindy,

Exactly why I don't work with my husband on projects...and why he now hires the work out. Neither of us have carpentry skills!


Gail

Unknown said...

Amy- Well, I haven't cut much wood. Apparently it was for a good reason! LOL. Oh well, I'm still good and fetching, holding, and handing things up. Hmm, I kind of make myself sound like a dog.

Debbi- Yup, that's why I don't usually do much measuring. Oh well.

Skeeter- I made myself giggle when I thought of it, so of course I had to include it in my post. You'd think I'd learn it one of these days....

I've been thinking about cutting some of my wood scraps to place over these gaping chasms in the floor. Probably won't look as nice as replacing the whole piece of wood, but it will be hiding with shelving anyway.

We put adhesive tiles in our old house to try to make it look more appealing to buyers. It didn't work. (No, I was not in charge of cutting those, so they looked very good!)

Kathi- Sure you haven't. LOL. At least we can laugh at ourselves over these small mix ups.

I can't find my helmet for those pics. The trees are filled with watchful bluebirds. I wonder if Peanut would be able to get me a good picture if I stood guard?

Gail- Well, at least one of us is good at this stuff. I'd probably hire out if I had the money for it. Cheesehead works so hard sometimes I feel that I'm being unfair to him making him use his time off to do all of this stuff. I do like working with him though. Most of the time we don't even have to talk for me to give him the correct tool that he wants. A few times he asked me to get something as I was already bringing it to him. At least we're in sync. I was more mad at myself for my mistake than he was.

Eve said...

Just go to Home Depot and get a can of STUFF. Spray it on,,trim it up and it will be fine. NO rats ever chewed through it so either I don't have any or they don't like it. Don't aks me how I know this will work.

Anonymous said...

I give you credit for trying ~ I wouldn't have the first clue about cutting a board! I hope you figure out how to fix the mistake. Otherwise you all are doing a great job on the shed.

Anonymous said...

We make 50 trips to the store to get one project done. We could have hired 3 professionals to do the job for the price of gas alone. I feel your pain.