Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

A New Home for Frogger

Since his house was so rudely taken over by the bluebirds, this poor guy was forced to find a new home.

Alright, truth be told I'm sure that Peanut "helped" him make a home in the bird house since he's not a tree frog, but a rather goodly sized toad. I could believe that the tree frog really lived in there though.



He seems to be perfectly at home in the shoe planter Peanut made at school for Earth Day though. Now it's not only a home for flowers, but for critters too.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

9 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

That is a perfect home for mr froggy(-: They love nice cool damp spots(-: Shoes make great planters too(-: I took a picture of a little tree frog on a leaf last night. I will have to post it(-:

tina said...

He looks very comfy and what a great pic of your buddy in the garden...

Anonymous said...

I love toads. Glad he likes his new accommodations. :-)

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

I am giving you an award. Please drop by my blog to pick it up!!!

Anonymous said...

I too love toads! Glad you all were able to relocate him successfully!

Skeeter said...

There was an old toad that lived in a shoe....

What a great idea for a new home for Froggy!

Anonymous said...

A shoe toad house--good for the toad. I can think of a Reebok Ribit House too--I'll stop.

Unknown said...

Cindee- Yes, he gets plenty of water hanging out in there. I suppose the moisture retention is doulbled because of the lack of drainage holes. Thanks for the award. I LOVE it!

Tina- I suppose I should have gotten a picture of his face instead of the back of his head, but I'm so used to trying to hide identities I just didn't even think about it.

Kathleen- Yup. He's pretty cozy in there. There's no toad shortage around our house, that's for sure.

Ben- I've been thinking about setting up a few other houses around our garden for homes for his buddies. I've got a big pile of broken terra cotta pots, I wonder if they'd live those....

Skeeter- LOL! I was thinking of the same thing. No babies in there yet though.

Anna- How about a Nike house for newts while we're at it? You're too funny.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

that is sooo cute! Peanut must be proud!