Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Geez, Poor Cheesehead!

You'd think the most important news in the whole world was about to occur. He's been flipping back and forth to the Packer game waiting to hear about Brett Favre. They were supposed to start the news conference 20 minutes ago. I sure hope he took a nap while I had son at football practice or he's going to be tired when he gets up at 3:30 tomorrow morning for work.

He'd probably watch the game, but we just saw it yesterday. I'm getting dizzy with the constant changes between NFL network and FX. We're watching Shallow Hal. Well, sort of anyway.

As you may be aware Brett Favre was reinstated by the NFL yesterday. I think Cheesehead and son are two of the biggest Packer fans out there. My son is watching the game that was on yesterday again tonight. Anyway, they're waiting to hear what they're going to do with him now that he's reinstated. They'll have to cut someone. They have their fingers crossed that the Packers will keep Favre. One of his top choices for a trade is MY favorite team (even though they aren't the best) the Vikings, and they don't even want to think about what will happen if he's traded. Poor guys. The saga continues....

In other news son's football team won both tug-of-war matches at the end of practice today. He was pretty excited about that. They had some great team work going on. Go Gators!

It was so hot during practice that I felt like I was going to melt, so I decided to go shopping. I happen to have a little bit of my birthday money left so I decided to buy a food dehydrator. Could I find one? Heck no! Oh well, I suppose that I don't really need one but it's a great way to preserve food and conserve storage space.

I did manage to find some ancestry researching software that I thought about buying, but I don't have enough money for it. I hadn't gone to that store to find any computer software anyway, I was trying to figure out how to make my desktop computer work again. I have a bunch of stuff on there that I want to access. They had no ideas how to help me out with that problem though. Grr.

I'm also thinking about getting some canning equipment.

Even though all I managed to buy tonight was some groceries, I did manage to find some things to add to my Christmas wish list.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't buy the genealogy software. I bought it and it's not worth it. I did belong to Ancestory.com for awhile and that was worth it. I will join again when I think it's worth the money. You can research and document a lot of material through with their resources. It helps you verify generations through death, marriage, service, deeds, wills, census, and all types of records with their data base. It's good to get a lot of generations written down and then go to Ancestry.com to confirm those findings. You can usually do that within a couple of months. So no need to join for a whole year. I record my data through the software I purchased called Family Tree Maker. My FTM came with a free year of Ancestory.com

Sounds like you had a great day. I think you should find a dehydrator. I want one for the healthy fruit leather making. I'm hoping it will taste good! My family are Packer fans too but not sure they think Favre should return. My vote is he goes to the Vikings. Have they made that decision yet?

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Wow great fun to go shopping(-: I am looking forward to going back to work just so I have money to spend. I am broke. Usually happens by the end of the summer. I start back in less then two weeks. Yikes....
A friend of ours is a huge Viking Fan. He even decorated one room in his house a Viking room!! LOL Crazy guy(-:

tina said...

Had no idea about Brett, guess you can tell I am not so into football. lol Only when the NE Patriots are playing. Ha!

Unknown said...

So you wouldn't buy the software again? That's good to know. I'm on Ancestry.com, but I'm a free member. I've been thinking about signing up for the full service, but haven't been able to afford it. Apparently there are 8 people on there on my mom's dad's family. I am only aware of who 2 of them might be. Whoever is all on there have been super busy with their research tracing some of the family back to England in the 1400's.

I looked all over for a dehydrator. I suppose I'll have to look the next time I'm in Wausau. Apparently no one in Rhinelander that I've visited sells them.

Still waiting to hear what happened at the end of the meeting. It hasn't ended yet. Cheesehead headed off to bed, he couldn't keep his eyes open any longer. Poor guy! Apparently they'll have the press conference tomorrow instead.

I wouldn't mind if he went to the Vikings, maybe they'd have a shot at the superbowl.

Cindee- Well, I don't have any money either, but it's fun just to look sometimes. I got used to that when I was young. I've been doing fairly well with our budget system and working hard to pay down the credit card debt. I hope to climb out of this hole soon!

Son has a Packer themed room, so I wouldn't say the Viking room is weird or anything. I have managed to do a Viking flower theme a couple of times.

I also thought about a Star Wars room, but that would probably be a bit over the top.

Unknown said...

Tina- Well, I'm not too into football myself. The guys fill me in on everything I didn't want to know. LOL.

tina said...

There you go! I did like the update on Brett though. My sister used to live in Mississippi when he was there and she said he was worshipped like a star.

VP said...

I'm just starting out looking into mine and hubby's family history. It's fascinating isn't it?

Have used Ancestry.com a little, but not enough to join it yet. One day, when I find the time...

Thanks for stopping by lately - it's great to meet you :)

Anonymous said...

My mom is into genealogy, she has traced my grandparents families back to the 1700's. It is pretty interesting the stuff she has shown me. Hope you had a fun day shopping even though you didn't find what you wanted. Maybe next time. :)

Unknown said...

VP- I have the same kind of attitude. Plus I don't have the money to go for it just yet. Maybe someday. I'll keep my free membership version for now. They let me know when there's a possible match in new records available. I like that feature.

PG- I wish my mom had some of that stuff. I keep thinking how it would be nice to have a family historian digitalize all of the records and share the information with the rest of the family. Most people aren't all that generous with their information. I wouldn't mind sharing all of my hard work with others though. Maybe I'll get lucky someday....