Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

A Perfect day for some Family Fun

We've been dying to get out and go mini golfing again this summer. It's SO expensive though it's crazy! We had 2 free games coming and it STILL cost us $15 to go. Yup, the price to mini golf is on the rise along with everything else. SIGH. No wonder we're no good.

The kids were disappointed that we didn't have the money to drive the go carts too. They were really looking forward to a Tula's fish fry though, so they let the subject drop with barely a wimper. We haven't done this since Cheesehead's birthday. How did the summer get away from us like that?



I'm not sure why, but Peanut has a total spaz and refuses to cross these rocks without holding one of our hands. The water is maybe 6 inches deep, so I'm not really sure what the problem is. Whatever.



This is the hole that we usually get our one and only hole in ones on. No holes in one today. Also the only hole that we really WANT our ball to go into the water on. There are streams and things winding all the way through the whole course. It's so wonderful to feel like you're golfing in the natural elements. The sounds of the waterfalls running over rocks is so calming. If only it didn't have to compete with the whining of the children when they miss a put things would be perfect.



TBO was upset that he had some trouble keeping the number of puts under par since he does it so well on the computer game. Apparently he didn't think that REAL mini golf is actually harder than computer generated.



I usually win for our family. I'm not exactly sure how since I suck at the game, but somehow I usually manage just the same. Cheesehead won this round though. Good job hon!

Off for our fish fry. I guess it's been a while since we've been there too, Ashley wasn't able to bring our drinks to the table without asking us what we wanted to drink this time. We've had some major budget cut backs in the dining out budget. This is for our financial as well as our physical health. Oh well, it doesn't hurt to actually order the food ourselves, does it?

I was pleasantly surprised that TBO ordered a one piece fish fry this time. It would have been nicer if he would have gotten a baked potato instead of the french fries and a water instead of rootbeer, but he's been doing fairly well. I can't complain too hard.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

8 comments:

Skeeter said...

Looks like a fun day was had by all...

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

What a great way to spend the day with the family(-: Sounds like it went well. Summer vacation has slipped by for me too. I didn't get much done this year because of the fires. Oh well at least I got to stay home and just do nothing(-:
I start back to work next friday...Then who knows when I will have time to do anything!!!!

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

We need to try mini golf before the summer ends. Next week we are off to O.K.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this great post, Cinj! I desperately wanted to try miniature golf for the first time when we were at the beach in NC, but the opportunity never came up. Now I feel like I at least know what it's like! Maybe we'll get it together and head out to a course that's closer to home.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun day ~ and what a neat looking mini golf course. I haven't played in forever.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun family outing! :) My youngest loves miniature golf and always kicks butt when we play. :)

Barbee' said...

That is a pretty course. A waterfall, even! We don't have any that nice and pretty around here. I think that was a great place for a family outing, and I bet your children do not forget going. Funny about the real game versus the video game.

lisa said...

Looks like fun! Bummer to have to budget, but it makes the treat more special when it's infrequent, IMO.