Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Brett's a Jet?

Dang, here I wanted him to be traded to the Vikes if he was traded. Oh well. I think this whole situation has been totally blown out of proportion.

People are mad because he retired and changed his mind. Now if he were a woman that wouldn't be a problem at all. We change our minds all the time. Why can't a guy?

I swear some people act like he did this whole thing on purpose or something. It's been so overly analyzed and discussed with his ex-Packer teammates that they just got sick of it. I think all the media attention increased the tension that was already there making it impossible for Favre to compete for the Packer QB starter position. He didn't even feel that he could report to camp. How sad is that? He's been part of the team for 16 years. Seriously!

Being an outsider, I can see both sides of the situation. It's just too bad that people can't just be supportive. It's wierd hearing people say that such a good quarter back should HAVE to retire because he wasn't feeling committed 6 months ago. If I had to base all of my actions based on what I was like 6 months ago, I'd be sitting on the couch watching tv and wallowing in self pity with a pile of shed materials still sitting outside un-built. (Not that I'm implying I had ALL that much to do with the building of the shed or anything, but it's the only major project that really came to mind.)

He's a good quarter back and he can play if he wants to. I just wish he were wearing purple, MN could really use a superbowl win finally.

I tried asking TBO and Cheesehead what they thought of the newest development in the Packer soap opera, but they had no input for me to share.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the whole situation is unfortunate. I remember how emotional he was when he "retired" last season and I wondered if that was the right decision. Look at all the other sports figures that have made a comeback (from retirement). I wish him well but it seems like he should have been a Packer to me.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Very unfortunate, he made some bad choices, Wisconsin made some bad choices but I bet by the end of the year it will all be forgotten! I wanted him to wear purple! I hope when his contract is up in a couple years he will be wearing purple! Then he'll show Wisconsin...opsy, sorry :). LOL

tina said...

Saw this just this morning. Folks are already forking out $80 for new jerseys with the Jets on it. Geez!

Unknown said...

Kathleen- Yes. I think he should still be a Packer too. I'm sure in his heart he'll always be a Packer even though he technically isn't one.

Kathi- That's for sure. Oh well. You know I'm a MN girl even though I live in WI. My heart goes out to him because I can identify with how he feels.

Tina- OMG. Seriously? I know I wouldn't pay that for a jersey. Cheesehead was telling me that we had to throw his obsolete Packer garden guy that I'm in the process of fixing. I know he didn't mean it, but I told him that we could add a number before or behind it and he was very quick to say "No, that's okay. You can just fix him." LOL.

Skeeter said...

One of the Saints co-workers is a big Fan and his wifes family are season tickets holders. They have been known to leave from work here in GA on Friday night and drive all the way up there to partake in a game and return back to work on Monday morning! Now that is a true fan if I ever saw one! I’ll ask the Saint how the guy feels about all this hoopla...

lisa said...

It's gonna be a strange season for sure! I'm with you-leave the guy alone and let him play...but the Jets? Ugh! (Of course my boy Peyton Manning will keep my Indiananpolis Colts in championship form, so at least I can enjoy their season! I am a transplant to Wisconsin, after all. ;-)

Skeeter said...

Hi Lisa, I am a Peyton Manning fan also! I may live in GA but my hometown and heart are in TN. Peyton was a great asset to the University of Tennessee! We love him... I like his brother Eli also….