Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Happy Birthday, to my Favorite Son!

Okay, so he's my only son too. That's okay though because I can call him that without making anybody mad, right?



It was another busy but fun filled day. MIL and BIL came to help celebrate this morning, they also came to watch him play in his forth game of the year. Even though it's starting to look more like fall, it sure didn't feel like fall today. It was almost 80 degrees today. I guess I should have brought some more water! The score was 30-8 this time, still undeafeated. GO GATORS! The team they played today was tough and played an excellent game. I guess a few of them were pretty upset about loosing since they refused the handshaking after the game. When Son told me about that I felt a mixture of feeling sorry for them and feeling like slapping them. Can you be ashamed and upset if your team played their best? Whatever.

Then it was off to do more birthday celebrating. We stopped by the cemetary to visit his grandpa on the way to the fun. I'm sure he would be proud of our excellent little football player.



We got a great deal for mini-golfing on the Shopping Show on Coyote 93.7 a little over a week ago, so we headed out to Eagle Falls Adventure Golf in Eagle River. It was a very nice course. I was super happy that we were able to land such a great deal on these tickets, I didn't have the money to pay for a full priced mini golfing spree. Today's outing only cost $12 instead of the normal $28. Was it worth driving a bit out of the way? Well, I wouldn't do it every day but it made a nice adventure anyway.



Everyone was starving despite the snacks I brought to eat after the game, so son decided he wanted to eat at Pizza Hut for his birthday dinner. It sure was good. We don't eat out much anymore, so it's a very special treat now.

Grandma bought son a cake for his birthday. We didn't have the right candles on hand, but had a 5 and a 6. We decided that since 5+6=11 we could legitamatley use them for candles. Who could have a birthday cake without candles? Cute, isn't it? I sure hope his wish was for me to win the lottery. LOL!

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

9 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

I always call my son/daughter my favorite too(-: I only have one of each(-: I remember when I was PG with my daughter thinking what if I have another boy...but it worked out great(-:
We also do the candle thing. That way we can reuse them for a while(-: When you get as old as I am then reusing is a good thing...lol
I hope your son had a great birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray and happy birthday indeed! Looks like a great day was had by all. And despite the fact that I've finally learned how to make a really good pizza at home, Pizza Hut pan pizzas will always remain my favorites. Yum!!!!

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Happy birthday to your boy. It looks like y'all had fun.

tina said...

Happy Birthday to the Birthday boy!

Unknown said...

Cindee- Isn't it nice to be able to do that? It's cheaper to reuse than buy new ones every year, isn't it? I'm planning on finding the other ones I've saved too. Right now I just have 3, 5, and 6 in my drawer.

It was fun. He finished in third place though he was only 4 points out of first, so he was rather proud of that accomplishment.

Ben- Yes, it was a great day. Peanut enjoyed playing on the playground while son was doing warmups and during 1/2 time. Much nicer not to have to do our own dishes once the feeding frezy is over, isn't it?

Debbi and Tina- Thanks. I asked him if he felt any older but he said no.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Happy Birthday to you! What fun :D

Skeeter said...

Happy Birthday! Pizza Hut is my all time favorite place to munch down on pizza! Cake looks yummy and all look happy!

Anonymous said...

lol on the favorite son thing. I was the only daughter (with three brothers) so I always got that too. Sounds like a great day. Happy belated birthday wishes!

Gail said...

I hope you had a wonderful time...happy happy birthday to your son! gail