Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

A Day Late and a Dollar Short and Other Grumblings

I have participated in Carol's Garden Blogger's Bloom Day all through the spring and summer. I don't have a whole lot of flowers around here, plenty of mushrooms though! Needless to say I didn't run out to take pictures of my flowers this month since I really don't have much of anything going on around here.

I saw these mums sitting on the store shelf last month and I decided to purchase them. They were only a dollar each so I thought I'd give them a try. I've never grown mums before so we'll just hope I can keep them alive.



The purple ones were my favorites. I may have mentioned this a time or two before, but I like multi-colored blooms.



I bought the yellow one so the poor purple one wouldn't be all lonely.

Okay, I guess I mis-spoke when I told you that I had nothing else blooming. One of my pansies are still putting out quite a few blooms and I have one marigold that still has a few pathetic blooms too. My camera view finder is broke and my aim was WAY off on those pictures apparently so I only got the two pictures. Can anything else go wrong???

Okay, maybe I shouldn't ask that at this point with all of the health issues up in the air and everything too. I haven't heard anything else from the doctors to report yet so that COULD be a good sign, right?

Now if I could just afford to pay the collection agency, I'd be happy as could be. They're trying to get me to skip a car payment so I can afford to pay them what I owe Wells Fargo. Um, how would we get to work to support our family if we didn't have any transportation? We live out in the middle of nowhere so it's not like I could just walk to work or anything. I don't know why they seem to think I'm being unreasonable when I tell them my story, they keep telling me it's Wells Fargo's turn to get paid. If Wells Fargo and Wachovia could have gotten along and shared back when I had that offer I wouldn't even be in this situation! I feel like crap when I have to tell them I can't afford to pay them, but we need to make the best choices for our family. Does that make me a bad person? They seem to think it does.

I know I need to stop worrying about what everyone else thinks about me, but sometimes I find myself thinking I'm a bad person and making bad decisions. I doubt myself too frequently, I keep feeling my thoughts pulling me to that dark place they were a year ago. I don't want to go back to that place, to be that person again. I want to just move on with my life and be happy again. How much more do I have to endure before I get to move on?

At least going through all of this stuff has made me be less wasteful. I never throw away food anymore. You should have seen dinner tonight. I made left over casserole. I had a small amount of steak, pork chop, french fries, mashed potatoes, carrots, macaroni and cheese, and sauteed mushrooms. To that concoction I added a can of cream of mushroom soup, 3 onion rings chopped up, and some garlic salt and pepper. It was really good. Only one of the kids even complained.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

10 comments:

lisa said...

Well Happy Bloom Day! I like your mums, they should survive okay for you if I can keep them alive. Mine need to be fed more manure in this sandy soil, though. As for your other troubles-hang in there! I know how it is to fall behind, but don't let them bully you! You are absolutely right in taking care of your family's needs first, and if they pressure you then refer to this. You DO have rights, and if you need to calmly remind these people of the Fair Debt Collection laws, then so be it. Keep your chin up girlie, we're all rooting for you! :) xoxo!

Unknown said...

Thanks Lisa. I'm sure trying hard to keep my chin up.

I don't think they are really following those rules that you sent me. They call several times a day. If I answer the phone, they hang up because they seem to think that Cheesehead may be more reasonable to talk to or something. If they do say anything they ask to speak to Cheesehead and refuse to leave a message. They have called 4 days in a row and finally broke down and talked to me when they found I was the only person that answers the phone. They must have something in their notes or something. It's very annoying to answer the phone several times a day with no one on the other end. I can't prove it's them, but it never used to happen and now it happens all the time.

The debt collectors are telling me that WF will lock me out of the house I'm in now if I don't pay on the other house. They can't do that, can they? I know they can take the other house, but just because it's the same lender they can't do anything on a house we're paying on, right? It's all so completely frustrating!

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Getting the pair of mums was a good idea. I hope they lifted your spirits a bit.

Gail said...

Hang in there Cinj! Hug your cutie pie kids and be sure and laugh several times a day!

gail

Anonymous said...

Bless you dear one. No one should have to put up with what you are putting up with. By all means take care of your family first. These lenders are just running scared because of the economy.
Keep your chin up, we are all rooting for you.

tina said...

Like everyone else I am going to say hang tough!

Anonymous said...

Cinj--Snap out of it! Now this is enough! You have way too much talent and smarts to be down so often. I do believe depression is a chemical imbalance. Stay on your meds and get a new vision.

Things are what they are. I was in a worse situation when my kids were your children's ages. I worked three jobs and we were renting. But we had lots of fun and my kids have no clue it was so hard.

I got up at 4 am every morning, drove the school bus to and from school. Took care of my mom in my home. Made sure the kids got to school activities. Cooked and Cleaned!!! Was the school nurse and Biology teacher. And then, I went back at night to clean the gym.

My husband has a college degree and was a Major in the Air Force. When he retired, we hit rock bottom at the worst time possible for your child's age. They wore $5 shirts and pants from a place called Goodies. I got them on sale. We had cheap food every night. My husband could not find a job. He was over qualified. We prayed and prayed more.

God left us there for a long time. We lost all our savings and then some. Then one day a light came to our lives in the form of a wonderful job that fit my husband like a glove. He is really good at it and has worked his way back up.

You will not get to the top or live a healthy life for your kids with such an outlook on life. Everybody that visits your blog is or has gone through something similar to what you are seeing daily.

My son has gone to three funerals this week. Young people taken in freak accidents. It isn't worth it to let such sadness steal the joy of someone as special as you. It's not attractive. You will run people off who really do care about you.

Seek some legal advice and get some relief. You don't have to keep taking those calls. Stop the guilt of moving. You can't predict the future and aren't in a position to judge if you should or shouldn't have done it. Do you think God can only work in the town you came from?

I see God help people every day of every faith and denomination. He wants to help you too. I liked you right when I first met you but you like to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders. I have seen a side of you that is gifted with words and wisdom.

I did not want to go back to work when I did. I was sad and grieved that moment. But it was OK, and it will be OK for you too. You will be a good mom as a full time teacher too. God is expecting you to walk hand in had with your husband. He wants to bless you both but he needs you to be a unit.

And please....remember this!! No one is judging anyone. Judging means you place yourself in a position of perfection. I am by no means perfect. I consider you normal. I consider your problems Normal. I consider your child's health, husband's health, and your depression...NORMAL! We love you and don't want you to doubt it.

I am commanded to love you, care for you, and tell you the truth. If you air your feelings as you and I do, then we must accept the feelings that exposes to others. Everyone who is reading what I am saying is cheering me on!! For you!

But I am willing to say it to you to save you from you! Please accept my open conversation as a gift from my heart. Hugs and prayers!!

Unknown said...

MMD- I think they do. Somehow flowers can usually bring my mood up. Now that I've got a door on our utility room I'm going to set up the small tabletop greenhouse and keep some plants in there so I have some gardening to do over the long, cold winter.

Gail- I will. I hug and kiss them all the time. You can tell son dislike so much affection as he barely leans in for the kiss anymore, but he still accepts it without grumbling. I think we're going to proclaim tonight family game night down in our new family room!

Lola- Thanks. I appreciate your kind words. I was thinking along those same lines too with the lenders.

Tina- Okay. I wonder if I still have that old New Kids on the Block cd....

Anna- Thanks. I needed that. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself. I know I'm not the only one with problems. I was worried because I've have so few jobs this year so far. I have found that I've been forgetting to pray about my financial issue, I guess I've been distracted with health issues lately.

I don't know if I forgot that God doesn't answer every prayer the way I want him to or what the problem is, but I had quit praying about our finances. I was reminded of this yesterday when I listened to Walk in the Word before I went in to work. I prayed before I went work. I got a phone call asking if I could work one day next week. When I got to work, I got two more jobs for next week already.

I think I'm going to take the day off from basement working and head to Wausau to have some family fun. We like to shop as a family. Tonight we will have family fun night in our new family room.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Hello Cinj,

I'm with Anna! snap out of it! You do need to seek some legal advice if you have your home loans with the same bank. I'm not sure what they can or can't do. The more information you are armed with the better off you will be. I think half the country is in the same boat but please pick yourself up and be wise, your family needs you more now than ever.

Pray for God's will, not yours. I tend to lean towards mine and forget it may not be His will for something to happen or not happen.

You are always in my prayers!

Hugs,
Kathi

garden girl said...

Hang in there Cinj. I'm sorry you're struggling. I hope your new mums lift your spirits, and I hope they make it through the winter.