Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

We Survived a Day at the Doctor

What a crazy day we had today! After driving 2 hours to the clinic, they called and talked to MIL to cancel our appointments for today. Luckily the RN we were seeing first had just come out to meet with us and she got everything rearranged for us.

Count for blood taken? 14 vials. Poor kid! Now we just wait to hear the results. Grandma is treating him to Tula's for his bravery tonight. I don't think she's so happy with me though...

She went to make herself some toast for breakfast this morning and got out a butter container. After spreading it on her toast and taking a bite she realized it wasn't butter at all, but meat fats I've been saving up for a soap making project. To be fair, it IS labelled on the top of the container. I'm sure she wasn't expecting something other than butter to be in a butter container. I suppose I should have warned her about it before we left the house at 6 am this morning...

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

9 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Glad you survived. I hope you get good results with the blood tests. That seems like a lot to take out of a young person.

Gail said...

Cinj,

Are you allowed to laugh at the butter mishap! After your day I would think so! Glad this part is over...good luck with the waiting for results. That is often harder.

Gail

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Sounds like a horrible time at the doctor but is it alright if I laugh about your MIL? 0 :)...

Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Kathi :)

Anonymous said...

I have a fridge full of butter tubs and none are marked. We go by what shelf it's on. I save all my plastic containers to reuse.

Skeeter said...

That is a lot of blood taken from a youngun. Hope all test come back showing good results..

We keep meal worms in the fridge for the birds but we have never had anyone put them on toast before.. lol...

Anonymous said...

OMG, First long drive, then they almost empty your sons blood supply, then mom discovers a "new" butter. What a day you had. Hope all from now on is much better.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Good Morning Cinj,

Just dropping by to tell you I'm thinking of you and praying for you and your family!

Have a blessed day!
Hugs,
Kathi :)

Unknown said...

Hey all! That sure was a lot of blood, wasn't it? We are supposed to make a follow up appointment for a month from now. Hopefully they'll have openings on one of the days they have no school so he won't have to miss another day.

MIL laughed about it, so I am sure that we are all free to giggle too. I know I did!

The day got better and dinner at Tula's was fabulous. We got our favorite waitress again. Just had to share the highlights (lowlights?) of the day.

lisa said...

Meat butter?! LOL!