Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Better Than Christmas... Almost!

I was so excited when I got the mail yesterday. My Great Aunt also does family ancestry research, she was kind enough to copy and send me some of the information that she has as well as some pictures. That's what came in the mail. My hands trembled as I ripped open the tape of the manilla envelope. Hopefully I will get to ask her some questions about her sister, my grandmother that I never even got the chance to meet too.

As I've been looking through the information that she sent, I have been discovering a whole bunch of people that I never even knew belonged to my family tree. I am also remembering some things that I had actually known, but simply forgot about. I guess that's what I get for not going to those family reunions that they hold every year, not knowing my family. I feel a sense of urgency now to find out all that I can from those who know much more than me. If only I had thought to write down all of the stories that my grandparetns used to bore me with. What on earth was I thinking? Now I think that kind of thing is just fascinating.

I never realized when I was younger just how important that family really is. It's amazing what we learn as we get older. So, while this day isn't quite as spiritual as Christmas is, I was giddy just the same.

I have also had some contact with people who have been able to identify the names of some of the faces in the pictures that my dad had. Progress is wonderful! Now if I could just get the basement finished I'd be in heaven.

Well, off to get Peanut from the bus and get ready for company to come tomorrow. MIL is coming to get Peanut off to school Friday so I can take Son down to Marshfield for an entire day of medical appointments starting at 8 am. It's a 2 hour drive from here. Doesn't that sound like a nice, full filled day?

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy
Post a Comment