Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Thanksgiving Plans

I wanted to wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving spent with your family and friends. I think that this is one of the best holidays, well Christmas too (not for the gifts though).

Many people are travelling to various places for their festivities. We will be staying close to home since Cheesehead has to close tonight and open Friday morning. MIL and BIL will be coming over tomorrow.

I will enlist the children into helping me clean the house before our company arrives. After the work, we will be heading outside to roast hotdogs and marshmellows over the fire pit. We need to try to make some lye for my soap making project, so we'll not only have some fun, but we'll be getting some work done too! We will also play games and watch movies today. I don't think we'll do much other than the cleaning though. We may make some Swedish Christmas crafts for the kids to give their cousins on Christmas.

Most of the preparations are made already so I just have to relax and wait for them to come. Well, there is the small matter of cooking the turkey I suppose, but that's a pretty easy task to accomplish. I invited mom over too, but she has to work tomorrow so she will be joining some friends for their festivities.

Our house in MN has had two showings this week, but still no offers are being made. Only two weeks left, it will be nice to have less to worry about. It would be even nicer if it sold today but I'm not going to hold my breath or anything.

I want to get to Menards for the Friday sale early since they have a few things on sale that we still need for our bathroom. I hope they don't sell out of the things I want before I get there. No gifts left to buy since we aren't doing muchfor Christmas this year, but I think we'll put up the Christmas tree this weekend too.

What are your plans? We have a lot to be thankful for, don't we?

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family Cinj. We aren't going anywhere either since Hubby has to work Thurs & Friday night. But we are grateful for the blessings bestowed upon our family too.

Amy said...

There's nothing better than a hot dog and marshmallow roast. I think I enjoy them as much as the children do! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Cinj.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hi Cinj .. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. We had ours last month. I'm with Blossom on the hot dogs and marshmallows .. that would be GREAT !
Xmas is very low key here too .. turkey dinner and a few stocking stuffers .. the three of us naughty people got their main gifts already .. I know .. we are BAD ! haha
Hope all goes well with your holiday : )

tina said...

You have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I'm wishing for you & yours to have a very "HAPPY THANKSGIVING". May peace be with you.

Nola said...

Cinj, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! I've been cooking most of the afternoon so that tomorrow I can watch the parade. Just lunch at home for the three of us; friends and family will drop by later in the day.

Gail said...

Cinj,

Have a wonderful day with your family...I hope it is filled with love and laughter...gail

Anonymous said...

I've been doing a little bit of everything. I'm getting up early tomorrow to make pancakes for dh and oldest son then spaghetti for supper. We won't do our Thanksgiving till Friday when everyone can be here.

I bet your stuff for the bathroom will still be at the store. I'm not going to shop till the week of Christmas. I think they will be paying us to cart it off by then. I feel sorry for retailers but happy for me. I've put off buying some chairs for my island till now. If the price goes down--I'm buying. Hope you find some good deals.

Oh I hope your house sells!! It's good that people are looking.

Enjoy your dogs and marshmallows! Happy Thanksgiving!

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Have a very happy Turkey Day.