Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

To Winterize or Not

Many of you may know that the house in MN that we tried to sell for over two years has been foreclosed on. According to the original communication that we got from the bank we had 6 months from the sheriff's sale to redeem it. That landed us on December 16. I have been trying to contact the bank for a couple of weeks since I haven't heard from them in a while. I have sat on hold for over 1/2 an hour a couple of times onlyto get cut off. If I try to call other departments of the bank I get endlessly tranferred around until I get so frustrated that I just hang up.

My mom moved out last weekend so I no longer hasve someone else to pay the utilities. I can't afford to throw away money, but the utility companies won't take the bills out of my name until the bank contacts them. The realtor wants us to keep the utilites on so if someone buys it they'll be on for inspections. Why should I pay for something hat isn't even mine anymore? We had two showings this week too, but I don't think I could even choose to accept any offers made at this point.

Since the bank is too busy to care what's going on my neighbor says we should just winterize it and turn all utilities off. I'm so frastrated at this point I can't even stand it. What's a people pleasing perspn like me supposed to do?

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

12 comments:

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi Cinj,
I'm sorry for your predicament, but I'm not good at making decisions like that, either. I hope the realtor gets it sold so you wont' have to make the call.

Zoë said...

I havent any sage words of wisdom to offer, as it sounds like the system in America is different to here in the UK. All I can say is I am sorry to hear that this is happening, it is so stressful.

I hope things improve soon,

Zoë x

tina said...

I don't know what to say, but down here in Tennessee many have been selling houses short. It seems a better alternative than foreclosure. It might be best to take an offer, even if you are short. Then the utilities will be out of your name and the house will be in new hands. Good luck.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Tough decissions for tough times. Where is all the free government money for the people?

My prayers are with you!

Unknown said...

Sue- Thanks, but we've had a lot of traffic lately and still no offers. I'm not holding my breath. If it isn't winterized I'll need to keep it heated so the pipes don't freeze.

Zoe- Thanks for your sympathy, our system is a bit screwed up here.

Tina- We've been trying to short sale for quite some time with no luck at all. We did have one offer but it took over a month for the bank to deliberate and the buyers walked. Those who have looked at it were turned off because it was listed as a short sale. Apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't like waiting for the monsterously slow movement of the mammoth banks.

Kathi- That's exactly what I'd like to know! Here I was all excited that the bail out passed because someone might be able to get a loan to buy my house. The money isn't helping anyone but the rich corporations and I'm stuck holding the bag and I have cruddy credit too, so no one will come close to refinancing my current house to ease our financial situation.

Thanks for your prayers, we need all of them we can get right about now.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to tell you Cinj. I hope it all gets settled soon for you. You are in my thoughts & prayers.

garden girl said...

I can imagine how stressful and difficult this must be Cinj. My thoughts are with you.

Jan said...

I'm sure you will be relieved once this whole thing is over with & you can wash your hands of it. It's got to be difficult for you and I'm keeping you in my thoughts & prayers:) Jan

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Cinj this stinks. If it is no longer your home then you shouldn't have to pay utilities on it. What a mess. I hope you can put this behind you soon.

Unknown said...

Raquel- Thanks. I'm so irritated. I thought I could be done worrying about it now. What in the world?

Linda- Thanks, why do you think I've been so darn busy trying to keep my ind off of things. It didn't work though, but I sure feel good about all that we've accomplished.

Jan- You've got that right. I thought I'd be done with it already. I just keep trying to think happy thoughts and ride the tide. Thanks.

Deb- My thoughts exactly. I think I will just get it winterized. I'm going to tell the realtor's office I no longer wish to be informed of showing and such either. WHy should I care? It's not mine and I have no say over what's going to happen now anyway. That reminds me I really should get those instruction manuals, extra keys, and second garage door remote brought back there. I was hoping mom would come for Christmas so she could bring the stuff and leave it on the counter for me, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Gail said...

Dear Cinj,

So sorry this keeps going on and on! What a bother and drain of energy and financial resources. I haven't any suggestions...just well wishes for a speedy end to this for you and your family. Gail

Barbee' said...

I wish there was something we could do to help you.