Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Cheesehead's Turn!

Okay, this new year is starting out pretty darn badly! Cheesehead is feeling those kidney stones that his wellness exam urine sample told us that he had now. Of course the doctor had said he wouldn't write a prescription for any meds without an ultrasound of the kidney stones when they're passing. Oh, and we can't schedule an ultrasound until they make their presence known. HUH? (Wasn't that what the tests already TOLD us?)

So, we had to wait until they pass to get anything. Guess what? Middle of the night---AGAIN! Cheesehead refused to go to the doctor before the kids got up and were sent off to school though, so I'm waiting until they eat theit breakfast. Son will catch his bus in about 1/2 and hour and Peanut's comes in just over an hour.

It doesn't look like I'll be making the usual rounds to everyone's blogs AGAIN, I'm taking him in the second Peanut steps on the bus. Since the clinic doesn't open until 8 or 9 I guess that makes our third trip to the ER. They're going to start thinking that we work there at this rate! I don't think the insurance is going to be too happy with us, but I'm not making him wait several hours longer to meet with his regular doctor who already knows he has kidney stones.

At least none of the rest of us have gotten Peanut's strep yet, although I think I'd rather have Strep than a kidney stone....

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg, enough is enough! I hope this is the end of your ER visits!

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Wow, hopefully this is the last of your medical problems. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Goodness! You all sure have had your fair share of the ER! Hope you all start feeling better soon!

Victoria Williams said...

Oh gosh! Good luck with that!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi! Thanks for your concern. He's already passed the stone so I'm glad he didn't have to suffer long. I was expecting this to be a longer ordeal for him, but I'm SO glad it was over so quickly.

Gail said...

Dear Cinj,

I am sorry...this is got to stop soon, right?! We just went through kidney stones here...not fun.

Gail

Barbee' said...

I am so sorry! My brother has been going through the same thing. Not much he could do, but take pain meds if the pain was too bad, but of course he wouldn't. Probably would have thrown them up, anyway, the way it was going for him. He says he feels better, but still sore; I hope it passed. He wouldn't go to the doc or ER, because he was busy building his deck and wanted to get it done before he had to go back to work. Whew! what an ordeal. One doctor told me he'd heard the pain described as men's version of labor pains. Yuck!

lisa said...

How did it go? I've passed them before, and labor WAS easier (even without pain meds, the way I gave birth!) Here at work, people usually get a CT scan to find the stones, and if one is blocking the ureter (the tube going from the kidney to the bladder), then they usually go see a urologist who puts in a stent (long tube) to keep urine passing until they can treat the stone. Treatment can be letting it pass on its' own, pushing it higher into the kidney and sending you to a lithotripsy machine to smash it with ultrasound waves, or pulling it out with a scope. Worst case is surgery, but that's usually great big stones that won't come out any other way. (I used to do lithotripsy for a living, not to be all "smartypants" or anything :)