Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

I've Gone and Done it!

I keep complaining to everyone who will listen that I don't know how to knit or crochet. I decided to get off my lazy but and do something about it instead of my constant belly-aching.

I wasn't sure which of the two was easier or really what the difference between the two crafts is, but I broke down and bought a book I found at a craft store the other day. (At least I found something when I was out and about looking for that lye!)There were books for both there, but I'm just taking it one step at a time.



Here is my first attempt at crocheting. This is lesson number one, the chain stitch. I look at it and it seems to look kind of like a braid. Is it just me? Maybe a larger size needle will give me a more satisfying result. Peanut saw some of the pictures in the book and is patiently awaiting the completion of a scarf for her. I saw a fabulous looking pattern for a poncho in there that I want to attempt to make for myself someday. Son didn't sound very excitied about having me make something for him.



I also managed to capture a shot of one of our neurotic cat's drinking habits. Would you rather drink snow that's been stepped on and fallen off of boots or clean, fresh water from a bowl? Apparently Speedy likes carpet fiber in her drink. At least it's nice and cold????

I'm still waiting to get her other crazy habits on camera, but either the shots are out of focus, I can't get to the camera in time or I am completely off target with my blind shot taking that's required to use my current camera. Hopefully I'll be able to afford a new camera soon so I won't have to put up with all of the headaches I keep going through.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy
Post a Comment