Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

The Best Mother's Day Gifts Don't Cost A Thing

Mother's Day is such a wonderful day for me. I enjoy it tremendously. In fact, I'd have to say that it's my favorite non-Christian holiday. Not because of the expensive gifts some people give, the dinners at fancy dinner establishments, $5 greeting cards covered with glitter, or the gourmet chocolate candies. (Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn my nose up at those things.) I enjoy it for the simple pleasures in life.

It is the one day of the year when I know I will not get a headache from my children's incessant arguing that normally seems to last 24/7. There is peace and quite in my house. They both played on the same side in our 2 on 1 tennis match today and I didn't hear one complaint about how the other child missed the ball!

There is only one day a year that the children will jump up and do whatever I ask them to do the first time. No "bad" hearing, ignoring, or outright disobeying occurs on Mother's Day. I speak and they obey, no questions asked. They were even ready for church and outside waiting for me at the appointed time without one single reminder! That NEVER happens any other day of the year.

They do things they wouldn't normally do like prepare meals and make my bed without me even requesting it of them. Thank you Peanut, I enjoyed my peanut butter toast for breakfast. Son plans on making dinner tonight. They both decided to fold the laundry and clean up after meals too. I've got the best kids in the world!

Let's not forget the thoughtful gifts and cards they make. It's not the expense of the gift that really matters, it's the simple thought of them making something with their own precious hands just for my pleasure and delight.

Days like these are heavenly, aren't they?

Thank you for stopping by to chat with me. Please leave me a message, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

10 comments:

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

It really is a special day isn't it? My little one (2 1/2) said Happy Mother's Day to me all day. My older one was so excited to help make pancakes. It just makes me proud to see what great girls I have. Sounds like you had a great day with your kids too.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Happy Mothers Day To You! I hope it was wonderful!!!!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Cinj ... That sounded like the perfect day for you indeed girl !
Glad you had a nice quiet day and rested up a bit ? : )

our friend Ben said...

Awww, Cinj, your post reminds us that it's KIDS that make Mother's Day so special, not any of the hype and trappings.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have wonderful children who made your special day SPECIAL! My eldest son brought home a bench he found on the curb (I love found objects) and painted it for me. It's currently sitting in the yard around the firepit. My youngest son made dinner. They both gave me amusing cards. It was a day of simple pleasures and no demands on me. ;)

donna said...

Your children didn't get to be so wonderful by chance....you and their father had something to do with. Congratulations to all of you.

Lona said...

Glad you had a wonderful and restful Mothers Day.

Liisa said...

Cinj,
I am so glad that you had a wonderful Mother's Day!! How lucky you are... :)

Unknown said...

Catherine- Aww. That's cute. The kids wouldn't even let me help make any meals. No pancakes here, though if son were cooking he could have made some.

Cindee- Thanks. It was the best.

Joy- yup. Plenty of rest and some play with the kids too.

Ben- The kids really did make the day extra special.

Raquel- Those projects sound like they're right up my alley. A bench like that sounds perfect too.

Donna- Thanks. How sweet. I didn't even think of that.

Lona- I did. Back to the craziness of never ending projects today.

Liisa- I think so too. Many people have told me that. My cousin wanted to send here kids here to study under me. Actually, she called it boot camp. LOL.

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Sounds like a great day to me.