Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Did someone say winter gardens?

Okay, a friend of mine has a post about winter gardens. Not to be out done, I decided to do a post of MY winter garden! Alright I guess I'm kidding. I thought it may be good for a laugh though!


This is my humming bird garden stake. It looks a bit short in this picture, but we have just a little bit of snow. You'll see in the next couple of pictures....


This one is about 24 inches tall I think.... It is a statue of two cats trying to get to a bird bath. It's one of my favorites. You can't tell what it looks like from this picture though.



This is an angel. I believe it's about 36 inches tall. Can you see her arm?

My kids and I painted these bird feeders. They were damaged in a storm a couple of years ago. I thought it would be a fun craft project for us to do together. Peanut made the yellow one, TBO made the brown one, and I made the green one. I know I've got some close-ups of these somewhere....


I discovered a great way to store my pots for the winter. What do you think? I guess I'll have to find a different ladder for my daughter's loft bed if I want to keep using it like this!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cinj--that is a lot of snow!! Everything is buried--lol. I do like your clever way of storing the pots. I will have more room at the new house. I need new pots though. I found some at the big box store that are deeper and hold more dirt. My plants are always running out of dirt :) I enjoy your pics and your friendship.

Unknown said...

LOL! Thought you might like these!
:) It's been snowing way too much lately. I've been fairly lazy with my shovelling too. Can you blame me?

Anonymous said...

I think the snow is pretty, but I can't even imagine living in it! Sometimes I think it would be nice having a *break* from gardening. It never really stops here in California. I bet your winter makes you appreciate the warmer seasons and time spent in your garden even more.

Come spring, what are you going to plant in all those cleverly stored pots?

Unknown said...

It DOES help keep me motivated when it's warmer out. 1/2 of the year I pretty much have no garden to speak of since it all dies and/or turns brown. I guess it depends if they're annual or perrinial!

Snow is nice... for about the first month! Although I prefer the ground to be snowcovered to being brown. I especially hate it when it gets muddy and the left over snow turns brown-black.

Speaking of snow, I haven't been doing my driveway lately so the guy who plows the street decided to at least plow the end for us. I thought it was pretty nice of him. I suppose he didn't like me pulling all the snow back onto the street, but I'm just going to think he was being nice anyway. I like my rose colored glasses, okay?

I usually plant annuals in my baskets. My favorites for my hanging baskets are petunias, (wave and regular), pansies (giant too, but mostly small), begonias, (single and double), and lobelias. I also like geraniums but they usually go in my planters on the ground instead of hanging baskets. Others are also pretty, but these are the plants that I do the best with. I can't wait to finish my gardens this year! We got started on them last year, I'm hoping that I did alright with my perrinial choices so most of them come back. I find that some of them work out better for me too, but since I'm in a new zone I am just figuring out what works best for my new area.

Anonymous said...

We can grow some of the same plants here...actually all of them except we live in a semi-rural area and have way too many hungry rabbits. They seem to think **PARTY** when they see something as tasty as lobelia, pansies, etc. Most herbs seem to thrill them, too, so I have, mainly by trial-and-error, found plants that they won't eat...such as lantana (though if they're hungry enough they'll nibble on that, too, especially when it's young & tender). We've found CA native plants to be a safe bet, also. Plus they're drought-tolerant.
What's your garden/yard like...size and layout-wise?