Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Peanut's birthday


It's my youngest child's birthday today. I'm still feeling a bit under the weather today, but I did manage to paint the last bedroom. Peanut helped. She painted lions on the walls. It was a perfect color for it!



Too bad I had to paint over them, they were very cute! I did take a picture before I painted it. Later we are going to Pizza Hut for dinner. That's where she wants to go for her birthday dinner. I feel bad not having a party for her on her special day and all, but I don't have any money AND Cheesehead is working today. We're meeting when he gets off of work. Is is terrible that I am making her wait until her dad gets home to open her presents?

She helped me make her cake earlier too. I suppose that's a bit cheesy, but she really likes to help bake. It's cooling off right now. We'll have to frost it before we head to town tonight. After dinner we'll come home and have some cake and icecream.

I'm trying to make today a fun day. Right now we are watching Pokemon 2000 with the kids. Not really my kind of movie, but I guess I'll survive as long as I have some distractions to help me pass the time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day to your daughter. You are so lucky!! I miss my kids so much. They were all here for a bit today but are off to a concert now. But my oldest is staying till Monday--yippee..so he can be home with us all day tomorrow. He is 5 hours away and usually has to leave early on Sundays.

Sounds like the b-day plans are great. You got cake, ice cream, a movie, and Pizza Hut!! What a nice day. I always did the same for my kids---and it's a must for Dad to be there too. These days, we are lucky if we get to actually celebrate on the day of their birth. As busy as they all are, sometimes it's a month later. But know it's Steak!! EEEK--the older they get, the more expensive.

I love pineapple and ham on my pizza--what did you get? My boys will eat anything but pepperoni--boring.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cinj,

DH and I are considering moving, so I was on that message board---the one with the over-zealous mods, you know the one! ;) Saw your blog link and just wanted to say hello.

It sounds like you've made amazing progress getting your new home together.

Hope you feel better!

Happy Birthday to your DD!

Lin (in California)
p.s. Only reason I'm "Anonymous" is that I don't have time to create a Google ID right now.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Hi, Cinj,
Not a thing wrong with having your kid who likes to bake help with her own birthday cake! Mine did, and LOVED frosting it. It's not like they think brownies do it or something...

Anyway, good luck with your house.

Unknown said...

FGG- LOL! We had the usual-BORING- pizza. 1/2 sausage 1/2 pepperoni stuffed crust. Also got a special treat cheesy garlic bread. YUM! I try not to get it too often as it's not that great for the figure. With a figure like mine I guess you don't usually notice an extra pound or two weight gain though. Glad you got to spend time w/ your family today. It is hard as you get older. I guess I live as far away from my mom as your kids do. I have spent quite a bit of time with her the last couple of months, but it's hard to fit it into the schedule as you age. Of course I guess I had other reasons for not spending too much time with her this last year. Although I'm sure she felt a bit left out, I think she's been pretty understanding.

Watched a much more entertaining movie tonight. Peanut got it for her birthday earlier. Snow dogs. It was a cute, family friendly movie. Predictable but entertaining anyway. Cheesehead fell asleep. Poor guy! He gets up between 3 and 4 for work every other month so he's pretty tired "this late" at night.

Where did the 7 years go anyway? Time sure flies when you have kids. I don't remember time going by this quickly before! Didn't it used to seem like it took years for it to get to the next year when you were younger?

Lin and Mrs. H- Thanks for stopping by to join the party! Having a great time over here.

Lin- Just switch from google id to name, you don't have to be on google to comment here! Anon. is fine too though, glad you came and visited.