Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Silly cats!

I'm sure most of you know we've got two cats. They're missing a few screws though!

A mouse got in the house today, we've got field mice hiding out in the garage. Anyway, Cheesehead saw it run into our bedroom through the master bath. I hurried to gather up the cats so I'd scare the mouse out from under our bed. I brought Sweetie into the bedroom (they're normally not allowed in there since I think I am slightly allergic to them). She hid under the bed. Probably sitting right next to the mouse but it was so darn dark under there I couldn't see a thing. Why do you think I got the cats?

Well, she was useless! So, I started a frantic search for Speedy. She likes to eat sand spiders, so I figured she'd probably be a better bet to help us get the mouse. Was she ANYWHERE to be found? Of course not!

So it was up to Cheesehead and I. What does Cheesehead do but head out to the living room, sit in his recliner and turn on the tv! Good thing I'm not too squemish or that stupid mouse would probably STILL be in our bedroom! Okay, so I guess it's up to ME!

The mouse was under some clothes I had washed and not put away. The pile fell on the floor. I could see a little lump moving along under my daughter's swim suit. I wasn't going to risk loosing the teeny little thing, so I just grabbed to whole pile of clothes and ran to the door. I threw it all out on the floor of the garage. You know what? Cheesehead had the nerve to be annoyed that I didn't kill the stupid thing! At least it wasn't in our house anymore.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to borrow my dog...he's a hunter. Caught a rabbit the other day and left it on the doorstep.
Mice...not my fav critter and in my experience, if you're seeing them there are lots more that you're not. Just as a suggestion, I'd get some traps (not poison with the cats arounds)and get them out of your garage. They also chew wiring, as well as carrying disease.

Hope you have a good week and get some good news from your bank soon.

Anonymous said...

Cats have a mind all their own...I'm willing to bet they were looking at you with that cat face...who me? catch that mouse? no way :). Fun post Cinj!

Anonymous said...

You need a mouse trap and then let dh deal with the dead mouse.

I came over to tell you we lowered the price on our house again. We are officially twenty thousand under out strating price. I'ts depressing but real. I hope my phone rings more next week. It does put folks in that under 220 range. Let's hope it works.

Unknown said...

I put d-con out in the garage. My cats are in the house only, so I'm not afraid that they'll get into it or anything. I just hope more of the little creeps don't get into the house. That thing that was in here was just over an inch long. It must have been a baby or something.

Funny thing is I used to have a cat that caught birds right out of the air! You should see the way these goofy critters go after their toy mice. Oh well! I've still only seen the one in the house and let me tell you, I was a cleaning machine after that little incident!

Anna- Sorry to hear about lowering you price. I hope you find your buyer soon! It's tough out there.

I am STILL waiting to hear from both banks. I got a breach letter from bank 1 on Saturday, so I hope that helps spur them both into action. I scanned that letter and emailed it to the other bank so they'd get off their but and start some decision making! I just HATE this waiting.