Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Spring's excruciatingly slow progress...

While I was out picking Peanut up from the bus stop after school yesterday I saw some things that seemed like they'd be interesting pictures. She looked at me like I was crazy, but then again that's nothing new! I had to use my new toy now, didn't I? My other camera wouldn't even turn on when I replaced the batteries. I just couldn't get it to work. I was SO annoyed! So, I bought the new one. Apparently I forgot to set the time/date stamp before I took these pictures.



The whole expanse of the road is completely flooded with a lake sized puddle that seems to grow bigger every day. My daughter is getting afraid to even cross the edge of the puddle to get to the bus!



After some coaxing and hand holding, I finally got her to cross. Then of course, she wanted to go back onto it for me to take more pictures. Silly bean!



Pine cones are constantly falling off of trees. This one fell onto some soft, melting snow and made a large hole surrounding it.


I don't know if you can really tell, but this picture shows a pine bough sunk into the snow and covered with water.

As I passed it this morning in it's frozen over state, I breifly thought about running back to get the camera. I decided against it though, since I didn't want peanut to miss the bus.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

my word, that's quite a "puddle," I'd say it has lake tendencies!!
Enjoy your new camera.

tina said...

looks like 'mud' season is coming.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Yuck! I think I hate slush more than snow, the way it seeps into the boots, freezing the feet. Enough of this stuff.

lisa said...

Wow...if misery loves company then you're in luck, cuz' my so-called spring looks like yours! One upshot to our persistent low temps is less flooding...otherwise it sucks!

Gail said...

cinj,

I remember the slush was cold and wet and once it got in your boots or shoes you could never get warm...

What zone are you in?

I had ice cream for breakfast, too!


Gail

Shady Gardener said...

Sorry I'm so slow about getting here! You have done so much work in these past 2 years. Nice job! :-)

Unknown said...

Kathleen- Yes! My point exactly. I can't stand driving through that thing. I scrapped the bottom of the van on that ice today. YIKES!

Tina- You can say that again. I think that's the worst part about spring.

M. M's d- I know what you mean. I wish we could skip straight from the snow to the dried out part of spring without all the slush, mud, and puddles.

Lisa- Yes, we'll be fine with flooding... unless it rains much soon. I better not say that or with our luck we'll get it!

Nancy- I don't need to trade, I've got both. Lucky me! There's at least 6 inches of snow in my yard and that lovely puddle must be about 4 or 5 inches deep. If we lived in town all that water would be running into the storm drains. I guess there's got to be a price for peace and quiet.

Gail- Yup. Stay out of the puddles at all costs! It depends who you ask. Most people and internet sites say we're zone 3, but a few say we're zone 4. I guess I'll just say zone 3 to be safe? We had chocolate donuts for breakfast this morning. There goes setting a good example for the kids.

Shady- Thanks! We still have much more work to do though, but it has come a long way.

Anonymous said...

No thanks!! I'm not moving back to snow country. I like the nice sweet rain we had today that soaked in to the thirsty ground. Great photos and you sure got use to your new camera quickly.

Unknown said...

Anna- LOL. I know I constantly complain about it, yet I just can't move away. You're wiser than I! At least I have a lot of seasonal variation? It's good for someone with a short attention span like mine. I get distracted easily and "forget" to do things. Fortunately my garden is usually well established by then so I haven't suffered for it yet.

I couldn't stand walking by that pine cone and needle bunch every day knowing that my camera was broken. I was just DYING to snap those shots! I may not have mentioned the fact that I got a new camera except for the date/time stamp issue. Oh well. You've gotta love a new "toy"!

Anonymous said...

Your camera takes great pictures! Our snow is almost gone, except for a few puddles and piles...then I heard 6 to 10 inches tomorrow and I am in denial now....sigh...tell me it isn't so.

Unknown said...

Hmm, sorry Kathi but I've heard about the same is heading my way too. SIGH!

I guess there's quite a big difference between a 5 year old camera and a new one!