Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Exciting discoveries in my yard

I thought I had the day off today, so I got out in the garden and started to work. I am so happy to see so much growth going on! There are only a couple of them that aren't showing any signs of progress. I picked some that have shown the most energy. Just a few days ago everything looked dead and I thought that spring would never get here. Now look what I discovered!



I planted a rose last year. I wasn't optomistic about it's successful growth since I seem to kill so many, but there are signs of growth on it. Did I finally defeat the brown thumb syndrome?



I even found a bird's nest. I didn't notice it last year, but I haven't seen any birds hanging around it this year. I was in a bit of a funk last year, so it's entirely possible that I just missed it. The birds are sure chirping now.



I started that compost pile we were talking about. I don't want it to become too acidic, but our ground is covered in pine needles. What's a girl to do? It is safe to put charcoal ashes in there, isn't it?



I'm not sure which plants these are, and I don't have time to go through all of my tags and pictures since I have to be at work in less than an hour, but what remarkable progress the lovely plants are making!



My copper bugs have happily settled into their new homes as well.

Oh, I just noticed that this is my 100th post too. So much to celebrate around here today. I wish I didn't own so much black clothing, I could really use a nice, cheerful outfit to wear today. I'm feeling SO happy!

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy
Post a Comment