Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Happy Earth Day!

I just wanted to take a moment to wish you all a very happy Earth Day! My daughter made a special Earth Day package for us at school. They were recycling shoes as planters. We had a couple of pairs that really shouldn't have been used as shoes, so we donated them. Only two were used so now we have two more that we can make if we want to. I have some big plans for those shoes! This is a picture of what my daughter made for us.



I also wanted to show you that my snow is FINALLY almost gone. YAY! This is how my front yard looked this morning. It seems a bit strange to me to have snow still on the ground, fog in the air, and a thunder storm! I guess it was even wierder last week though when the thunder was rolling when the snow was flying. Thank you all for your warm wishes and tropical breezes you sent this way. In a couple of days I'll be able to get out and start taking care of my plants.



Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

17 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Spam? Don't even bother!

tatak said...

wow... I never thought of putting a plant in a shoe, I love it :)

tina said...

The thunderstorm will take away the snow. Yippee!

Anonymous said...

Go, snow, go!!! Looking good for gardening weather at last!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Thunder .. fog .. and snow ! Now that is my kind of menopausal weather girl ! haha
Glad to see you are coming out of the deep freeze soon. The shoe thing is really cute !
With my guys .. the after affects of their feet being in them .. no plant would have a chance : ( LOL
Joy

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Congrats on being nearly snow-free. Good use of those old shoes too.

Gail said...

Yeah, can you hear me clapping and hollering for you!
The shoe is adorable.

Gail

Anonymous said...

Cute school project! Happy Earth Day back to you!

Even with a thunderstorm...it's looking a lot more Spring-like in your neck-of-the-woods!

Unknown said...

Hey everyone! Thanks for stopping by. We are now down to two piles of snow in the yard. Now I just need to wait a day or two (our yard IS all sand you know) and then I'll be puttering around. YAY. You wouldn't believe all of the things that are growing and budding already.

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Now I know what to do with all those outgrown soccer cleats.

Anonymous said...

Our snow has long left...as of last week anyway! But be careful, one never knows in this neck of the woods what mother nature can bring! Cute shoe planter!

Amy said...

I should do this with my worn out old gardening shoes :) What fun!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the disappearing snow! Do you feel like me ~ kinda the last in line for spring?!!! I'm glad things are budding & popping up. and CUTE Earth Day planter idea. Good job school!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, just wait and see what I do with the other shoes! I can hardly wait until we get the varieties I want to put in there. It'll be SO much fun. I'll have to get out the drill out so the poor things have drainage holes though. Well, I suppose it won't be a problem for one of my old shoes though.... I think we were probably supposed to use our kids' shoes, but they were still perfectly usable and I just couldn't bring myself to use them as planters. If they'll still work on other people's feet then that's where they should stay in my opinion.

Victoria Williams said...

Hope spring shows up soon for you! Love the shoe planter.

Anonymous said...

That is a cute shoe planter. Do you remember when we were kids and planted up milk cartons? now they plant up shoes--times are getting more expensive. I like the snow fog. It looks creepy though. Kinda looks like a good scary novel.