Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

The Garden I Left Behind

I just got back from my trip and had to leave more behind than I wanted to. Next time we go back we're going to finally grab the rest. I really wanted to bring the rest of my garden stuff, but since my yard here is still covered with snow, I decided they would be safer where they were. Next time, my pretties!

It was pretty bitter sweet! The snow was completely gone and the yard was ready for tending. The ground wasn't even wet! It was all I could do to focus on the task at hand and not be distracted by caring for my babies. Poor things. Some of the plants were looking so sad and neglected. My beautiful Albert Spruce were screaming for Miracid, several bushes needed to be trimmed back... A LOT! SIGH! Unfortunately I had no more than 2 hours there, so I had to worry about other things instead. I did manage to snap a couple of pictures while I was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off though!



I don't remeber the name of this particular plant, but I love the berries it grows. It adds much needed interest to the winter garden landscape!



Look how my flowering crab apple is starting to get buds. Maybe it will be blooming next time we go back??? I'm hoping to get there in the next month or so, ESPECIALLY if we get some good news tomorrow! Wish us luck and keep us in your prayers PLEASE!!!



Remember that wren house I told you about? Well, I couldn't get close enough to get the top of it where the branch has decided to claim ownership of it, but you can see from the weathering that it's been there for a while!



This is my lovely snowball bush. I like how the dried flowers look. They also stay intact all winter long so I love how they add a spot of interest to my winter garden too.



I think this is some type of lilac bush, but I'm not real sure. It has beautiful fragrant flowers in May (I think that was the right month...) that are a bit smaller than the traditional lilac as well as a small bell shape and a paler shade of purple. I've never seen anything quite like it. The poor thing took quite a beating when we had our house re-roofed a couple of years ago, but I just couldn't give up on it. I thought about asking the contractor to pay for the damages, but I'm sure they would have expected me to replace the bush then. I just couldn't do it! Does anyone know what it's called? The previous owners bought it, so I have NO idea!



These are popping up all over. I think they may be coral bells? Or were they some type of sedum? Hmm, I guess it's been too long since I planted these as well. I didn't used to be as good at keeping tags for things I planted. My memory is not as good as it should be for a person of my age either....



It was refreshing to hear all of the birds twittering and flying about. A sharp contrast to the winter like conditions still enveloping my current home. I guess I'll just have to busy myself with inside stuff to keep my mind off what I'm missing on the outside!

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're still missing your old home a little. Regret moving, all the house-selling complications aside? I think it's hard not to miss a place you've lived unless you weren't happy there. Once Spring weather arrives in your area, you'll feel better about everything. It'll be fun to get all your garden ornaments in place and start gardening. In the meanwhile, you can focus on your inside tasks...Here, in almost always warm and sunny southern CA, temptation to be outside is great and we're often reluctant to stay inside and do whatever it is we should. (I have a friend who has a housekeeper just so she can concentrate on her garden.)

Glad you had a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

Bets of luck tomorrow Cinj! All fingers and toes crossed, and you'll be in my prayers!

Melanie Chopay said...

Hi Cinj, I've got my fingers crossed for you for tomorrow! I'm glad you were able to go and pick up a few things though. Let us know as soon as you hear something.

Unknown said...

Lin- Well, maybe just a little bit... Especially the friends and the fact that I could be doing some gardening now instead of waiting for snow to melt. I really do like it here otherwise!

I got my guest bed all set up now. Next I'll have to dig out my lamps, shelves, and pictures. I can't wait. I guess I'll have to finish my work on Tuesday since I only work a 1/2 day that day. I can't wait!

One nice thing about cold weather areas, we're forced to spend just about equal times both inside and out here.

Ellen- Thanks! We could use all the help we can get. Sure hoping for some good news!

Nancy- Thanks. I'm sure it will, I usually have a pretty green thumb (well, except when it comes to roses...)

Melanie- Thanks. You can bet I'll be here either jumping up and down or complaining to high heaven as soon as I hear AND school's out. I work all day tomorrow though so I won't be able to do that until later on in the day. I've got butterflies!

Anonymous said...

Meant to add that I hope you get good news from your bank tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Jumping in to add my good wishes to all the others. and thanks for the tour around your previous yard. It always makes me sad to go back to places I've lived before, usually because none of the new owners garden.

Unknown said...

Lin- Thanks. Me too. I had to smile when I saw this, reminds me of something I would do!

Kathleen- I appreciate it! The sad thing is, the yard is still mine so I could have done something about it without having the police come and lock me up or something. SIGH. Mom says she likes to garden, but she works full time, commutes an hour each way, AND she's over 60 I guess there's just no enegy left for the yard. I hope she at least finds the time to give a few of my bushes some miracid though.

I hope the new owners will take care of the plants. The last house we sold they ripped out all of our lanscaping, added extra blacktop over those areas, and cut down our beautiful trees!

garden girl said...

I feel your pain Cinj. It's always been hard to leave a garden behind when I've moved - about as hard, or maybe even harder, than leaving the house. I hope everything goes well with your sale. It's always nice to have that stressful time between listing and signing the papers in the past, probably even more so in this economy.

Shady Gardener said...

Can I assume you're finally able to settle the sale of your home? And that you're able to be moving?

I know it will be difficult to leave, but I hope you're looking forward to your new setting. :-)

Unknown said...

Garden Girl- Yes! You know they usually take pretty good care of the inside of the house, but those poor living beings that have to be abandoned? Not always well cared for. Poor things!

Shady- I sure hope so. We've already moved. I like it here, well aside from the stress....