Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

The Garden I Left Behind

I just got back from my trip and had to leave more behind than I wanted to. Next time we go back we're going to finally grab the rest. I really wanted to bring the rest of my garden stuff, but since my yard here is still covered with snow, I decided they would be safer where they were. Next time, my pretties!

It was pretty bitter sweet! The snow was completely gone and the yard was ready for tending. The ground wasn't even wet! It was all I could do to focus on the task at hand and not be distracted by caring for my babies. Poor things. Some of the plants were looking so sad and neglected. My beautiful Albert Spruce were screaming for Miracid, several bushes needed to be trimmed back... A LOT! SIGH! Unfortunately I had no more than 2 hours there, so I had to worry about other things instead. I did manage to snap a couple of pictures while I was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off though!



I don't remeber the name of this particular plant, but I love the berries it grows. It adds much needed interest to the winter garden landscape!



Look how my flowering crab apple is starting to get buds. Maybe it will be blooming next time we go back??? I'm hoping to get there in the next month or so, ESPECIALLY if we get some good news tomorrow! Wish us luck and keep us in your prayers PLEASE!!!



Remember that wren house I told you about? Well, I couldn't get close enough to get the top of it where the branch has decided to claim ownership of it, but you can see from the weathering that it's been there for a while!



This is my lovely snowball bush. I like how the dried flowers look. They also stay intact all winter long so I love how they add a spot of interest to my winter garden too.



I think this is some type of lilac bush, but I'm not real sure. It has beautiful fragrant flowers in May (I think that was the right month...) that are a bit smaller than the traditional lilac as well as a small bell shape and a paler shade of purple. I've never seen anything quite like it. The poor thing took quite a beating when we had our house re-roofed a couple of years ago, but I just couldn't give up on it. I thought about asking the contractor to pay for the damages, but I'm sure they would have expected me to replace the bush then. I just couldn't do it! Does anyone know what it's called? The previous owners bought it, so I have NO idea!



These are popping up all over. I think they may be coral bells? Or were they some type of sedum? Hmm, I guess it's been too long since I planted these as well. I didn't used to be as good at keeping tags for things I planted. My memory is not as good as it should be for a person of my age either....



It was refreshing to hear all of the birds twittering and flying about. A sharp contrast to the winter like conditions still enveloping my current home. I guess I'll just have to busy myself with inside stuff to keep my mind off what I'm missing on the outside!

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy
Post a Comment