Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Our four year old puppy

I know that she's really a full grown dog by now, but she still acts so much like a puppy that it's crazy. Angel's a better listener than her sister Beauty is though. Our dog's a bit crazy and likes to jump on people when they first arrives, but she's able to calm down after a few minutes.

Our dogs came pre-named. I know we could have changed the names, but they already knew their names and answered to them so we didn't bother. I know I would have changed Moonbeam's name if we had adopted her though!



When they're outside in the winter it's really very handy to have all of this snow laying around. If you look closely you can see some of the snow she's eating falling out of her mouth. Silly pup. They were even trying to fetch snowballs for us when we were having a snowball fight. You'd think by now they could tell the difference between a real ball and a snowball!



Look at them play. You'd think they were still tiny pups the way they romp around. It's good exercise for them though, so as long as they refrain from this play inside we're okay with it. Playing keeps you young at heart anyway, right?



I just love her "eye brows". They make her look so gosh darn cute, don't they? She was one of 2 favorite puppies at the home we got her from, so she was used to sitting on laps and being inside the house from day one. She's always been a bit spoiled! It took Beauty a while to get acclimated to this type of environment though. They must weigh at least 75 pounds and they think they're lap dogs. Angel did adjust when FIL became ill though so now she mostly sits on the floor nearby people to get her petting.



She is my daughter's constant companion, following her around and watching her like a hawk. Peanut really loves her animals! Angel tried coming home with us last time we went to MIL's. That would have been fine with the kids, but MIL and BIL looked like they lost their best friend when they saw her sitting in the van. She wouldn't even get out for a treat. Cheesehead had to drag her out and bring her inside so she wouldn't chase us down the road. Why is she at MIL's house? Good question. It's kind of a long story though....



Just look at her patiently waiting for Peanut to be done swinging. She's a gentle loving dog who brings comfort to the hurt, lost, and lonely.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

9 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Cinj .. even though I am a cat gal .. I really like your dogs .. you put a great point of view out for them to be understood .. you have a big heart girl ! .. and these big babies must know that very well. It is a wonderful lesson to teach your childreen. Empathy seems to be such a rare thing now a days with most people .. teaching a child respect and kindness for living things is one of the most important lessons you will ever pass on as a parent.
Angel and Beauty are fortunate and I have a feeling they show their appreciation as much as possible every to you guys !
Nice post ! .. yes .. gardeners and creatures hand in hand .. as long as they stay out of the chocolate ! LOL
Joy

Anonymous said...

Awwww...cute fur-babies! DH and I are animal lovers, though we've held back and have only one (Siamese) cat and one (Black Lab)dog now. Both were "rescues" and we enjoy and love them no end! Pets add so much to life, don't they?

Do you have a cat now, Joy?

garden girl said...

Nice doggies Cinj. It looks like your daughter's got a good buddy. Kids and dogs just seem to go together!

Some breeds just seem to be perennial puppies. My lab mix puppy is 7 years old.

Unknown said...

GG- That's for sure! Angel is more of her pal than Beauty, but that's okay. I think these labs are perfect for our kids, they are very protective. They were play hitting with grandpa and boy did Angel growl at him!

Lin- We tried a rescue, but he didn't fit into our family very well. He didn't get along with our Reggie. They were all freebies well, I guess the kittens cost $5 each at a garage sale so that's basically free anyway.... I'm a bit of an animal lover and I have difficulty restraining myself sometimes. I'm getting better as I get older though.

Joy- They are sweeties, full of vim and vigor! I had a real good picture of Cheesehead petting Beauty but since Beauty isn't ours (she belongs to MIL) I didn't post specifically about her.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, those eyebrows!!! My Molly loves to run circles in the snow--our backyard looks like a racetrack when she's done! The dog loves the snow, the cats seem to take a so-so attitude, and the chickens hate it.

Unknown said...

You should see poor MIL's yard. Poor gal. These two tear it up pretty good with all their play. They love the snow! My two cats I currently own have never been in the snow, but boy did Reggie hate it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pups you have! They look precious :).

Anonymous said...

These stories about pets break me up. I miss my dog like crazy. I miss her so much that I feel guilty about getting another dog. Pets are so loyal. Your dogs sound like the best pets.

Unknown said...

Kathi- Thanks! They are... even if they get a bit annoying at times.

Anna- It's always hard to loose a pet. In a way we've mourned the loss of Angel, that's why it took me so long to do a post about her. While she's still here she's off comforting MIL in her grief and loss. I'm not sure if we'll ever get her back, I'd feel horrible snatching her away after so long. At least we can visit her though. I still can't bring myself to do one about Reggie yet, it's so sad!