Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Yellow, a feast for your senses

Angela from Cottage Magpie has put forth a color challenge. See here challenge here. I wasn't sure if I could tackle it, but after looking around I realized just how many lovely yellow shades live in my home and garden. Please, allow me to give you a tour!



Pop! Pop,pop,pop. Can you hear my lunch cooking? What a lovely aroma, it reminds me of the movie theatre. This is one of my favorite snacks, it's healthy, tasty, and filling. Too bad I always add so much butter. Besides adding the butter which gives it the yellow coloring there are the popped kernels.




Can anyone eat salt without the sweet to go with it? These aren't so very healty, but I can't get enough of them. Cheesehead made these for us the other day. They are FABULOUS home made peanut butter cups. Want one? They are SO good, they just melt in your mouth. Boy, am I thirsty now!



Clink, clink, glug, glug, glug. Would you like an ice cold glass of lemonade? Ah! Now THAT'S thirst quenching. I made this with splenda so I don't have quite so many calories. Well, I need some sour to go with my salty and sweet, don't I?



This is one of my favorite pottery pieces to use at a party. I like to fill it with veggies and put a dip in the middle. I can't think of any yellow veggies that I like to eat raw. Hmm, everything I've featured has had something to do with food. No wonder I'm so fat! Let's go to the guest room, shall we?



My friends gave me this wonderful candle as a going away present when I moved almost . I haven't had the heart to burn it yet. It smells SO scrumptious! It is pineapple scented. I also love relaxing on these silky pillows.



My Grandma made me these wonderful afghans for me. I refuse to allow anyone to use them though, because I can not fix them when they start to fray. I'd love to learn how to knit someday! I sure wish I had taken the time to learn from her when she was still alive. She always made such wonderful things with yarn.




I have a little photo collection in here too. Framed are pictures of the children from a few years ago. I loved the cheerful looking flowers on these frames when I saw them at a thrift store a couple of years ago. The perfect touch for a garden room.




Moving on... This is one of my favorite pictures in my house. It is titled "Crown of Thorns". The original drawing was made by a soldier who was in a hospital. It was one of the first Home and Garden Party framed prints that I bought. While it's technically gold I feel that gold is a yellow shade. It hangs on a yellow accent wall in my kitchen entry area. I like to use this picture as a reminder to myself on how I should try to act.

Let's take a look at one more yellow item. It's located outside by my sidewalk.



Do you remeber those lovely little pansise that followed me home the other day? I got them potted quite some time ago, but I've been so busy that I haven't had the chance to show you the hanging baskets I made with them. I'm afraid they may be a bit full later this summer, but they looked so scrawny on my camera's screen I added more flowers to each pot.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaaa, Cinj, what are you trying to do, make us all gain 100 pounds?! YUM!!!! Shame on you! Peanut butter cups are one of the few candy wekanesses we have around here (apart from homemade fudge, of course). As for popcorn, I wonder what shamster first decided to suggest that it was diet food. Not when you add enough butter and salt to make it delicious, hot from the stove with that melted butter making it perfect! Oh, sheesh. Good thing it's too close to suppertime for a tempting popcorn snack!! I can taste that buttery popcorn now...

Amy said...

Chocolate and peanut butter are by far my greatest weakness!

Your crocheted afghans are easy to repair if any loose threads come out (if they are long enough). Just put the thread through the eye of a large darning needle and then push the needle through the stitches to hide the thread. After you're done, give the area a little pull to pop the thread inside and viola! I love crochet - it's very relaxing and a great stress reliever :)

Unknown said...

Ben- Well, it's a virtual snack for you.... Sorry, that was my lunch today. Popcorn is a bit dry when eaten without butter. Maybe it was the movie theatres who tried suggesting that so they could sell more popcorn? Isn't it yummy? Can you believe that my kids prefer microwave popcorn to air popped? They must get that from Cheesehead.

Amy- I've tried that and I seem to make the yarn come apart more. I guess I must be doing something wrong....

Anonymous said...

You did a good job with the color challenge and made us hungry to boot! (I just got back from a long walk with my dog and I'm starving!) Care to share the recipe for the home-made peanut butter cups?

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Girl you made me crave sweets and a snuggle in an afgan. This is my favorite yellow post yet.

Deb

Unknown said...

Lin- I'll have to ask Cheesehead. I know he used peanut butter, powdered sugar and melted chocolate but not sure what else he did.

Debbi- Thanks. I wanted to appeal to all of the senses, not just sight. So, I did a good job???

Anonymous said...

omg, I'm STARVING after reading about your popcorn, homemade peanut butter cups & lemonade. YUM. Next time I get married, that's going to be a criteria (making me treats!) lol I'd say you did a good job on the yellow challenge.

TuijaH. said...

Hih... Popcorn and lemonade... Yes please! :)

http://ruusujajarikkaruohoja.blogspot.com/