Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Zee Guest room est Fini!

Okay, I'll drop the phony french accent, you don't need to go cover your ears on my account!

Well, you said you wanted to see my decor when I was done... so here's one room. Okay, I'll admit I have too much stuff, but it's not like I'm trying to sell this house. Cut me some slack, would ya?



I had all of these adorable picture frames that I picked up at Goodwill for a song. Well, 2 of them anyway, the one with pink roses I paid an arm and a leg for, but that's my problem! So, I decided to make this my garden room. I'm trying to make it colorful, yet tranquil with flowers bursting out of all of my pictures. How did I do?


While being a guest room, it also has to serve duel purpose as my office. Hmm, I wonder how long my desk will stay this clean. I still need to find appropriate flowers to put in the vase in the center, I'm sure they're in a box around here somewhere.... Looking at this picture I'm thinking I should ditch that sandcastle and center the vase. What do you think?



Speedy's already enjoying the accomodations! See? I even found a home for my cute little white birdhouse. I still need to bring in a bigger night stand for a clock and a lamp, but I didn't want you all to think I was just withering away inside complaining about the snow. I AM doing other things too! I have a project I'm hoping to get to today concerning a lamp I plan to put in there. We'll see if I get off my duff and get to it....

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least the bad weather was good for something right?! You got your room done when otherwise you might have been outside! Looks good and I wish my desk were as clean as yours.

Anonymous said...

You have been busy! Looks good!

We're having a little heatwave...in the 80's. Prefect for working outside (especially in the shade) and I've been out planting, etc. Your post reminds me that I need to spend some time on inside projects...there's always manana.

Have a good week!

Unknown said...

Kathleen- I suppose you're right. Our inside is starting to shape up rather nicely finally. Now if I could just get that garage cleared out a bit I'd be all set!

Lin- You can say that again. I moved furniture all over my room today too. It's not painted yet so I'll have to wait to post pictures of it. I can't stand the builder's white that adorns the walls in there. Maybe that will be my next project if the weather stays cold. Oh, I guess I'd need the money to buy the paint first. Never mind!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cinj!

Your home and decor are so beautiful, your colors are perfect. I still just look at all the places I want to paint but at least I'm getting some great color ideas. Everything looks so neat and tidy, in it's place...how in the world do you accomplish that with 2 children :)

Syl said...

Love the birdhouse, but you're right about the sandcastle. Center the vase.

Unknown said...

Syl- Thanks. No one else was saying anything about it. Already done!

Kathi- I appreciate the compliments. I wasn't really too sure how I did.

As for the clean house? Well, it's called clean the room and take the pictures while the children are out of the house! HA! Painting sure takes a lot of time. Whew.

Anonymous said...

I have the same birdhouse or did we say that already? Good for you for having a good moment with all the snow and news from the bank too! I have two desk and I blog on the couch. One desk is full of gardening stuff, one has bills and junk, and I'm just more comfy in the family room with the tv going and listening to the tv at the same time.

That picture you have on the wall is really pretty. I love the lane of flowers leading off into the distance. And your frames are very pretty. All my family pics are still in storage. Hugs to ya--I know you are going through a lot.

Unknown said...

Anna- Ha! Guess where I am now. On the couch listening to the news. It is more comfy out here. I'm surprised that my desk is still clean, it's usually covered in mail, bills, and pictures. Isn't that why you have an office?

I still have more pics to find, but at least one room is finished! All this moving takes so much time, doesn't it?