Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Busy Day!

Whew! It was a sunny day today and reached into the mid 60's. A perfect day to get some work done outside!

First the kids and I cleaned the garage. The progress is slow, but sure. At this rate I may actually get it done in the next month or so even if we can't get a shed.

Once the garage was done we gathered sticks and rocks from the yard. Of course there are still many more to clooect, but I feel like we knocked a pretty good dent into the amount left for us to finish.

I didn't get pictures of all of the work we did today, but I did manage to take a picture of the yard after I filled in the holes with black dirt. Sorry Kathy, I didn't take any plaster prints of them before doing this. Once I filled in the holes, I spread lime over the yard again, watered it in and also spread seed. It's supposed to rain the next few days. I sure hope it does, I could use some free water to help my lawn come in better!




There were quite a few more holes in the yard than I bothered photographing before, but look at all of that black dirt. The dark spots are the fill I added. This was just the worst spot in the yard too. I'm surprised that I didn't get a sunburn today!

After all of that work I decided to take it easy and seach for more wildflowers. I was well rewarded! These are the flowers currently blooming. I also saw several more that had buds on them too, so I should be able to find a few more soon.



Here's the yellow one we saw the other day (um, I think...). There are several more blooms on it now. I also cleared it so we could see the leaf shapes better. I'm not very good at looking up plants on the internet, but that's okay.



These are tiny, a very pale pink too. I almost missed them. Don't my fingers look huge compared to them?



I also found some wild strawberries growing.



I also have no clue what these are. They are about 2 feet tall or so and the blooms are smaller than the one pictured above with my fingers. I'm sure most people would probably consider this a weed, but it looks so bright and cheerful.
Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

10 comments:

tina said...

More color coming each day.

Anonymous said...

It looks nice and clean. I know it takes me a couple of days to recouperate after all that. Now rest up and enjoy.

My blog is down for awhile. It's personal--I'll be able to explain later.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I think what you have is not a wild Strawberry but Anemone quiquifolia (a much nicer plant). I don't know what the yellow one is.

Unknown said...

Tina- I know! I'm so happy. It's wonderful getting all of these new blooms popping up all over.

Anna- Thanks. We aren't even close to being finished, but my allergies were so horrible, there were clouds of mosquitoes storming us, and it felt pretty muggy so we called it quits. I can't wait until I can say I'm truly done with removing rocks. You should see all of them. The kids counted the ones they picked up and they gathered 302! We're not even done?!?!

In case you're wondering why they counted the rocks they collected I told them they could have 2 minutes of game time for every rock they picked up. I'm a total tyrant, I limit the amount of tv time they can use every day and make them earn extra time if they want more than an hour. (This time includes computer, video games, and tv watching. I'm often told I'm the meanest mom. I wonder if there is an award for that....)

Unknown said...

Anna- I forgot to ask what the deal is with getting rid of your blog. That makes me sad!

MMD- Isn't it? I know I've got some wild strawberries that grow around here somewhere. I saw the strawberries growing on them last year. Maybe they aren't the right ones that I took a picture of? I'm so confused!

Anonymous said...

Cinj, oh my goodness, that's a lot of holes! You worked very, very hard! Great job! The flowers are beautiful, thanks for sharing :).

Unknown said...

Kathi- You're not kidding! That wasn't even all the holes we had either. I ran short of dirt so I had to leave some of the shallower holes unfilled until I got more good dirt. Maybe I'll bring in some compost to topcoat with, but boy that was SO much work last year I'm not sure if I've got the energy to do that again!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cinj,

Thanks for the note, I am so sorry to hear about Anna, my heart aches and I will pray they find out who did it. She is such a fine, caring person and someone took advantage of that...I'm sure there are a lot out there!

I am not a member of blotanical but I will if she is going to stay there. I read some of the blogs from there as I love gardening.

Thank you for letting me know!

Have a wonderful day, it seems like Monday :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a really fulfilling day, Cinj! Hope you all got to kick back and relax at the end of it. Yow, there's so much to do outside this time of year! I can gauge how much time I'm spending on the yard and gardens by how much dust I see in the house...

Unknown said...

OFB- I did decide to quit and not get it all finished. It was a bit hard to walk away knowing that there was still so much work to be done, but a person can't spend all of their time working, can they? The kids and I played video games, so our house just kept collecting the dust. Cheesehead helped me clean it when he was off though, so now I can go out and get back to work.