Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Memorial Day flowers

This is the first Memorial Day since FIL passed away. We headed to the cemetary last weekend and laid the flowers then. We all wanted to be able to be there and Cheesehead had to work all weekend this weekend.



TBO and Peanut laid the flowers somberly. Peanut even brought a few live flowers from home to lay on the grave site.



MIL and Peanut set out a wonderful display while the "boys" looked on with great interest. Or... not.



There were lots of flowers. FIL always brought flowers to the cemetary every year. Being a vetran it was important to remember Memorial Day. We tried to recognize both the army part AND the flower lover. Maybe we went a bit heavy with the red, white and blue theme?



Peanut decided that she didn't want to leave the purple tulip on the soil, so she stuck it into one of the displays.



As you can see, it wasn't freshly picked. We had brought it into the house a few days before we headed to the cemetary. If you look you can see the holes Speedy put in the petals before we moved the poor think into my bathroom to protect it from the plant eating cats. I personally would have brought it right into the bathroom, but I let the kids be in charge of this small task. Oh well, I'm sure FIL didn't mind. It's the though that counts, right?

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

9 comments:

tina said...

Red, white and blue is always good.

Anonymous said...

Oh Cinj, what a beautiful red, white and blue arrangement, the purple tulip is the perfect finishing touch!

What a beautiful cemetery,I see your FIL must have loved deer.

On a sad note, do you know what happened to Anna? Please let me know if you do as I've been away visiting my family, my heart is very sad :(.

Happy Memorial Day!
Kathi :)

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

What a wonderful post on memorial day. This made me take a minute to remember what Memeorial Day is all about.

I am also concerned about Anna. Do you know what is going on?

Debbi

Unknown said...

Thanks all. FIL did enjoy deer. That reminds me of a funny story of when TBO was little and they were feeding deer in their yard.

I really do like the red, white, and blue theme too. I'm glad it doesn't seem that too many of you think we went overboard. I tend to do that on occassion. Surprising, isn't it?

I don't know what happened to Anna. She said it was something personal, I'm concerned. I hope she gets back to us soon though. I left her a note on blotanical and here, but I don't know how else to get ahold of her. We met on HGTV message boards, but I haven't been there in ages. I should check and see if she has, they have personal messaging over there.

Anonymous said...

I love the red, white & blue theme and that you decorated your FIL's grave. I don't see very many people doing that anymore?? That's definitely what the day is all about so I say "good job!"
Happy Memorial Day!

Gail said...

cinj,

Very lovely post...and a way for kids to learn to honor those who came before them.

I have been wondering about Anna, too. Hoping she is doing ok...it was so surprising when I tried to visit her blog and was told it was deleted.

Gail

garden girl said...

Cinj, What a lovely post, and a lovely way to honor your FIL. The flowers are beautiful, even the tulip. You're raising some good kids up there in dairy country.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Cinj, how heartwarming!!! What a joyous display to honor a flower-loving patriot!!!

As for Anna, it's possible that some moron started stalking her on her blog. I've seen people's blogs become "private" really fast when that's happened to them. Let's all say a prayer for her!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks. I wish I could have done one about how we honored my dad, but since we live 8 hours away from where he was buried, it just wasn't possible. We did build a memorial garden here in his honor last Memorial day. One of these days I should get off my lazy but and do another installment of extreme yard makeover, I just can't seem to locate the pictures I want to use.