Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Change of plans!

Well, I had planned on doing some cleanup with the kids, but I got a bit distracted from the plan.

My husband works at a big box type store and he had to work today. What a big surprise....

We wanted to have Mother's Day lunch with him, so we stopped by the grocery store after church and picked up a bucket of chicken meal. We ate together and he mentioned that their plants went on sale for Mother's Day. When we were finished eating I just had to go see what they were selling. As usual, I found some plants I wanted. I filled up the van with flowers and there was no room for any garbage we needed to haul off. I guess it will have to be done another day.



Isn't this a wonderful container. It was clearanced out and I was really looking at them on our plant excursion the other day. Cheesehead insisted we buy it, so of course I had to buy some plants to put in there.



Here is my planter that Anna told us how to make. I probably put the wrong kinds of plants in it, but I wanted to get it filled with flowers. I was too anxious to wait to figure out the right plants to put in there. The kids helped me choose the plants to buy. They were so excited, you should have heard them.



The 6 packs were $1.48 each, so I really stocked up. I put 3 different varieties in these baskets. The left overs were used elsewhere in our yard. I took down our decorative bird houses and replaced them with these newly planted hanging baskets.



I just loved these tulips, aren't they lovely? They were only 75 cents per pot, so I grabbed quite a few. I had some empty space in the garden to fill up until the other plants fill out more, so I figured there was plenty of room for the bulbs.



Peanut and I planted a bunch of seeds in this basket the other day, but I knew Cheesehead would be impatient to fill it up. I bought the same variety in a 6 pack and put four of them into the basket to appease his anxious nature. When I mentioned it to him before all he could say was that I should have started them in January inside. I guess he doesn't seem to remember that we just brought my greenhouse back last weekend.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to celebrate Mother's Day, Cinj! Much, much better than hauling garbage!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great way to celebrate Mother's Day, Cinj! Much, much better than hauling garbage!!!!

Barbee' said...

Hi Cinj, you may want to delete this after you read it. I think I have lost your e-mail address (if I ever had it), so will leave this message here. I couldn't figure out what else to do. Blotanical messages don't give us enough room. Anyway...

You said you had a problem with the word verification visual not showing. You probably already know this, but what I do is refresh/reload the page and then it is there. I just click on the blue circular arrow at the top of the page in Fire Fox and in Internet Explorer it is a green double arrow that looks like a 'recycle' icon. That usually takes care of the problem. Then I type away. If I don't notice the problem before I type, I cut the comment, then paste it in after the page is refreshed. I bet you already knew all that.

Melanie Chopay said...

Hi Cinj, Happy Mother's Day! It sounds like you had a great one. I had a great day too even if I didn't get to garden today :-)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a perfect Mother's Day today! Your flower pots and arrangements all look so beautiful, now if we can get some extra sunshine to help them grow a little faster :).

I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Kathi :)

tina said...

You had a productive day and made some lovely container plantings. It must be warming up in your neck of the woods. And I noticed you really do live IN the woods!

Anonymous said...

What a great Mother's Day Cinj! Lunch, shopping, planting, etc., are all up there on my list. I can't believe you're planting outside already?!! I'm feeling very alone now since it's still too cold here. :-(

Gail said...

cinj,

Don't you love that containers look a bit naked and then a week later you think you over planted them! So glad you had a good day with your family doing things that bring you joy,

gail

Unknown said...

Ben- LOL! I suppose you're right, but the garbage would have helped the earth more.

Barbee- Ok. Thanks, I'll try it next time.

Melanie- It was a great day. I'm glad you had a good one too. I'll have to go and see what mischief you got into.

Kathi- Thanks! I can't wait until they start to fill out a bit more, but I'm sure it will happen soon.

Tina- That's for sure! Thanks. It's been a bit chillier than usual, but I just couldn't take it any more.

Kathleen- Well, it really is a bit too cold but I really liked those plants and I just HAD to buy some of the plants. It's been hanging just above freezing so it hasn't been too bad. I haven't felt the need to cover any plants that I've had for a while lately. They're still doing just fine too. If it's supposed to go below freezing more than a degree or two I might start to worry though!

Gail- I sure do! It was fun having the kids get so excited about plants. The kids wanted to get 6 more geraniums. I like geraniums, but having 8 would be just too many for me! They sure were upset when I made them put 1/2 of them back.

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! I love the pot!!! You did great!! I think they will work just fine. The celosia will love it and your weather is cool enough for the Dianthus. Also--I untipped my pots today cause I couldn't keep enough water in the top one. So even I adjust what I do too.

I was just reading all your post and getting caught up. You all have been busy. You and the kids did a ton of clean up. They sure are good workers. Isn't it a shame that people throw that much stuff in those creeks. You got great kids with wonderful attitudes about helping.

You are a wonderful mom and will have lots of good memories to look back on.