Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Raking the swamp

Well, we did some cleanup today. Our equipment included a rake, lawn bags, gloves, and two hockey sticks. Why the rake and hockey sticks? We were trying to reach the bottles floating out of reach. I still couldn't get it all though. The rake wasn't long enough. Maybe we should get some hip wadders or something.



Here they are, hard at work. After I picked TBO from baseball, we did our cleanup while waiting for Cheesehead to get done working. At first they didn't want to do any cleanup, but once we started it was hard to get Peanut to stop.

We were going to meet at TBO's school when Cheesehead was done working, but TBO had to go to the bathroom so we finished a little earlier than planned and then went to Cheesehead's work. I am proud of all their hard work. They didn't even complain once we started working. We spent about 45 minutes cleaning up and they claimed it seemed like about 10 minutes. The best part is that they want to go and do more cleanup on Wednesday. I guess the lesson got through. When we were finished we had half of a 45 gallon lawn and leaf bag full of trash. I left our supplies in the van for our next mission.

For a special treat we brought them to Culver's for dinner. I wanted to thank them for helping to save the earth. It really wasn't in the budget, but I'm sure I'll figure out a way to make it work.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All kids should have to cleanup trash, I have found that they are less likely to throw it down after they have had to clean it up. Maybe that would work for adults too?

ChrisND said...

I think what vonlafin said can be true. What you observed is also important. Good kids will often like to help clean-up and spend some time helping preserve nature if an adult can influence them to do so. The more it becomes a habit of something we should be involved with, the more likely it is to continue in the future and into adulthood.

Good Job!

Anonymous said...

I agree, that's a great job for kids to do. and made even better since they enjoyed it! How was Culvers?? We just had one open near us and I've never eaten at one!

tina said...

Hip waders sound good in a swamp.

Unknown said...

Hey everyone! Thanks.

Kathleen- Culver's in THE BEST! It's one of my favorite places to eat. You've GOT to try the Cod dinner. Yum! It's almost as good as Tula's. The frozen custard is wonderful too.