Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Garden Helpers

We are preparing some surprises for MIL and mom for Mother's Day. You won't tell, will you?

Okay. Thanks! Now I will share a sneak peak of what we made for them.



I had Peanut make my old shoe into a planter for my mom and TBO made MIL a planter from Cheesehead's old shoe. I had thought about doing something with the shoes for us to keep, but mom likes to buy shoes for us. I thought that it would be a wonderful way to thank her for the new shoes she bought for me. These are the shoes she just replaced. They were in such rough shape that the soles were falling off!



Sorry, I didn't get a close up of them, but they are on the steps behing her. We picked out yellow marigolds for them because they both like the color yellow.



Peanut stayed and helped me with more planting than TBO did. She thought these marigolds would look great in the matching terra cotta pots that we painted. Do you like them? They are gold with a black rim, see? They're right at the bottom of the picture. We have many more to do more projects with over the summer, but I'm not sure what to do with all of them. These are the biggest size we have. There are some that are even smaller.



Once we were finished with the planting, the kids helped me water the plants. The one they are watering is the one TBO planted.

Peanut is planting one too, but we didn't have enough plants to get it filled. Hers is the moss lined hanging basket that you see her filling in one of the above pictures. In the center of her basket is a pink geranium and there is one marigold in there. It may end up looking better later in the season if I leave it as is. I'm not sure what to do with it....



This is his basket. I'm sure it will look better later in the season. He designed and planted it himself. Didn't he do a good job?

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy
Post a Comment