Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

GBBD. Now with real flowers!

Yay! While I don't have many flowers that I didn't buy in the store this year, I do have a few of them that have slowly clawed their way out of our ground and turned their lovely faces to the sun. They have opened in the last week or so, just in time for me to show off proudly in my collection.

I featured my dandelion the other day. I tried to take a picture of my small purple weed, but it is too small for my inexpensive camera to capture a good picture of. I noticed a ton of them blooming today. Only one that I saw yesterday!



I also found that about half of my candy striped phlox were blooming when I got home today. Only one of them was open this morning when I left!



These are some self sown seeds from a penny marina pansy that I grew last year. I have moved a few of them to new locations so I didn't have to buy so many flowers for my hanging baskets. I wish I had done justice to the cute whiskers and delicate shades of purple in this picture!



TBO picked out this lovely red tulip for our Mother's Day purchases. The yellows are already fading, the pinks and purples are about to bloom. I realize this one isn't fully opened, but I like the cup effect seen in this picture.



Among our Mother's Day puchases were these lovely hyacinth plants. It hasn't burst into full bloom yet, but it's still enchanting!



I found this Martha Washington Geranium on the shopping trip we took on Tuesday this week. Cheesehead and I had a lovely time browsing the plant selections at several stores around town again. We only picked up two plants. We wanted to be sure of what plants we needed before overstocking our yard. I just couldn't bare to leave this little darling behind!

Of course you know that I have several other flowers as well, but I've already shown those rather recently so I'll wait until they grow a bit more before I show them again.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

15 comments:

Gail said...

I have an okay camera and I still blow closeups! I do the same thing each time and there is no consistency in the quality of my photos...enough about that!

Great blooming flowers, you have spring! Martha is a good looking Geranium!


gail

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers, you finally have some! I love Martha geraniums but I think they only bloom one time so I never buy them, please let me know if I'm wrong.

tina said...

Your tulip picture is a stunner! Spring is near...

Unknown said...

Gail- Maybe one of these days I'll get it figured out. It could have had something to do with the light too.

Martha is a pretty little darling, isn't she?

Kathi- They are annuals, but I found these for a steal. It was only a little over $4 compared to the bigger ones. I am going to try to propogate some cuttings, but even if we only have this one summer together she sure is stunning.

Tina- YES! I'm so happy.

Anonymous said...

that's a pretty tulip!

arlene,
University Place flowers

Amy said...

Love the geranium. That one is new to me.

Anonymous said...

You are starting to get more and more flowers. Things are perking up. I think blotanical is going to get you in trouble.

garden girl said...

Cinj, your garden is coming along quite nicely! Lots of pretty things are blooming. I love hyacinths - especially their sweet fragrance.

Melanie Chopay said...

Hi Cinj, my camera doesn't take good close up photos. I used to try to zoom in as close as possible but I've found the best thing is to take a photo now from further away and then just crop it on the computer. So I end up with a photo of a 4 foot square area but crop just the bloom in the center. It seems to work in giving me clearer photos.

So glad you are getting blooms now!

Anonymous said...

Isn't Spring great! I think those who live in cold climates appreciate it even more, but even here it's a special time. Everything is blooming in my garden...especially the roses. By the way, Kathi, the Martha Washington geranium isn't an annual. I've had them last (and bloom) for years, but not sure about in your zone.
Cindy, glad you're enjoying your garden. It's looking good!

Unknown said...

Arlene- Thanks. I thought it was pretty too. You may be able to tell this, but I like the flowers with more than one color in them.

Amy- I know! I don't remember seeing it before this year. I just had to have one.

Anna- Well, I wouldn't say that it's Blotanical's fault. MIL always used to tease me about having more flowers than the garden center. If anything I think I've been getting better at being thrifty with my flowers. Thanks for worrying about me though. How sweet!

Linda- I haven't been able to smell them yet as my allergies are always terrible. Some things are so strongly fragranced you can't help but smell them though. They seem to be getting a bit better the last couple of years. Maybe the move has helped them too.

Melanie- I know. I don't know why I bother trying. They looked pretty good on the camera viewer screen, but once they got on the computer forget it!

I haven't got all of photo shop features mastered yet. Some of my photos crop nicely, others just don't.

Lin- Any geraniums annuals here (as far as I know), but I bet if we brought them inside we may be able to manage it. I haven't planted it yet. Maybe I'll put it in a container so I can keep it around for a few years! Good to know. They're gorgeous.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I'm so glad you finally have flowers to look at. I've always loved Maxim Marina Pansies. I haven't grown them for a few years & they never reseeded for me. (Lucky you!)
It's too bad your camera doesn't have a macro function. Sounds like it's time for a new camera. In the meantime, follow Melanie's advice.

Carol Michel said...

It is nice to have flowers that just come back year after year. Thanks for joining in for bloom day!

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

Unknown said...

MMD- Well, it actually DOES have a macro function but it didn't seem to do much good. Apparently I haven't had enough practice yet. I haven't had it very long. The more I use it, the better I'll get at it I suppose. I'm glad my pansies reseeded. I sure hope they continue to do this!

Carol- Thanks for hosting the event. I wish my pictures had been better, but I worked all day and only had a couple of minutes before I had to start getting ready for dinner so I just threw a post together.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Here's way to use that macro function: Put one hand in front of or behind the flower, focus on the hand, then remove the hand & snap the shot. The flower should be in focus. Sometimes you can't get as close in as you'd like with the macro, but that's where cropping comes in. Good luck!