Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Nervous Nellie

I am so nervous. Tomorrow I am supposed to substitute in a situation that may end up a little awkward. I used to work at a day care in town in which I got into an uncomfortable relationship with someone I worked with so I ended up quitting.

The "class" I am supposed to work in during the afternoon is one which at least shares the name of the place I worked at if it isn't the same one. Somehow I feel like it's the first day of school and I feel like I'm going to get picked on by the popular girls and bullies.

I hope I'll do a wonderful job and I won't get bothered, but I just can't make myself stop being nervous. I've overcome so much since I worked there, but somehow I feel like I'm going to be shoved into a corner and beat up for my lunch money.

Alright, maybe ya'll think I'm crazy or weird for thinking that. I worry too much. I have butterflies in my stomach.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

7 comments:

Syl said...

Hey, not only do you have history, you have a mental disorder. Give yourself a break.

Try some meditation or yoga. You know what the direct issue is, so quit obsessing and focus on something else.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cinj! Keep telling yourself that whatever happens, in a few short hours it'll be over. Focus on the kids, not that monstrous person. Even if s/he's there, s/he can't come in your classroom with you! I suggest that you check out Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth" from your local library (I loved the audio version, which has the author reading in a soft, soothing voice, though I also read the book itself.) It's one of the best books I ever read! It really helps you focus on the now instead of on your fears. Meanwhile, good luck and God bless!

Gail said...

cinj,

Hang in there, you can do it...

Gail

Unknown said...

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you know the day went well. I was at the other center and the other teacher was very easy to talk to. The children were polite, well behaved, and worked hard. She was amazed and told me the children never sit so nicely for the other teacher. I'm sure it wasn't all me or anything, but it felt good to hear the comment anyway!

Syl said...

Fantastic! I hope you were able to relax last night for a few minutes.

tina said...

We all worry at times. But it will pass. Before long it is way behind you.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear it went well. As we spoke before about this...someone who ruins it for you can make future situations sticky at best. I just went back this week to a place where I use to work under the same circumstances. It was not comfortable but it wasn't my fault either.

I ignored them and went about my business. I feel better cause I got it behind me. The first time is always the hardest. We judge ourselves more than anyone else. I'm glad for you it went well and now you can move on.