Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Happy Birthday, Cheesehead!

Today is Cheesehead's birthday. He was going to do some work in the yard today, but we decided to save the work for tomorrow.

MIL and BIL came over today bearing cake. It was a sad day, Cheesehead's first birthday without FIL. We tried to keep him as distracted and busy as possible. I think we completely wore him out. We managed to pack an awful lot of action into one day! Too bad we forgot about his friend from work's cookout tonight. Ooops. Sorry guys, maybe next time???

There was a few chores that needed to be done when BIL was here since Cheesehead still hasn't learned how to change the oil in our lawn equipment. After that was done, BIL took us out for lunch in Tomahawk. It was really good. Thanks, BIL.



We also took a quick run through the car wash while we were in town. We used to spend lots of time washing cars at home, but now that we have a gravel driveway it's hard to get it nice and clean. He did manage to wax it at home though. Doesn't he look cheerful? Okay, maybe not....




After lunch, we dug into some cake and ice cream. I felt bad not making him a cake, but since MIL brought this one and a lady from work made him one I gave him a raincheck on a cake from me.



Once MIL and BIL headed back home, it was off for the family fun day we didn't get to do yesterday. First up, a rollicking game of mini golf. It sure was a close scoring game! One point away from being a 3 way tie. Peanut needs a little bit more practice though I suppose.



I got tired of being the score keeper, so I appointed a new one! Doesn't he look like he's doing a great job?



Peanut wanted a pony ride when we were done. She rode a pony named Ray. He sure was hungry, he stopped for several snacks during the ride. He sure enjoyed the grass and dandelions which were abundant along the trail.



During one of our several stops along the trail, this cute little chipmunk posed for a picture for us. Wasn't that sweet?



TBO loves to drive the go carts. He likes to pretend he's a race car driver. If he doesn't end up playing professional football or baseball, then he wants to be a nascar driver. Cheesehead had a headache and wanted to sit this round out, so he was kind enough to take some pictures. It was so much fun.



We went for a drive by Culver's to see what the flavor of the day was. When the kids saw it was M & M Swirl, they asked if we could stop. It wasn't hard to persuade Cheesehead into a rich, sweet custard treat.



Our fun day just happened to be in the town that boasts to be home of the world's largest penny. Even though we've seen it before, they wanted to see it. I suppose they thought the penny was real or something.



Lastly, we thought we would plant some annuals that would help us to discourage some deer grazing in our yard. We bought these last night when we weren't able to do these plans. We did some plant shopping instead. We didn't know that mini golf was only open on Friday nights.
Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy.

5 comments:

Gail said...

It sound like it was a very good day, good friends, wonderful family, two cakes, an adventure and garden plants!

Have a good Sunday,

Gail

Anonymous said...

Geez, Cinj, what a great day!!! Looks like you all had about the maximum possible fun. We're actually going later today to vacuum and wash my poor, battered VW Golf, and to try to get a replacement a/c for the ancient, laboring one in our home office. Yay!!! I've never played mini-golf but it's on my list for this summer. I feel bad for Cheesehead without his Dad to help celebrate his birthday---I can feel his pain, with my beloved Mama gone way too soon for all of us!!!---but it sure looks like you all did everything possible to make sure he had a really special day!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like a wonderful birthday to me! I'm sure he must have have a great day. I would have been worn out after all the activities!!

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHEESEHEAD!!! :)

Cinj, I can't believe you didn't make cheesehead make his own birthday cake! LOL! What a wonderful day you had, it was beautiful weather here in MN so I'm assuming you had about the same. I worked outside a good part of the day, still much to be done....mmm, culvers! :)

Unknown said...

Gail- It was a great weekend. I can't believe it is already over.

OFB- It was quite a fabulously busy day. We've never had such a close scoring game. I guess Cheesehead and I will have to start brushing up on out game or TBO will start wiping up the floor with us! Mini golf is very fun, I highly reccommend it. I am not the best player that ever hit the greens.

Kathleen- You're right, I was completely worn out. I don't remeber waking up once last night. That's highly unusual for me!

Kathi- Well, I couldn't be that mean, could I? Besides I haven't even had to make mine yet. I don't know, it will probably be a couple of weeks or so until I need to get baking.