Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

I think Mom is mad at me!

MIL called me earlier. She knows people who have been foreclosed on and they told her that if we want any of our stuff, we need to have it out prior to the sheriff's sale. Mom had plans to stay in the house as long as possible, even after the sheriff's sale. I don't have a problem with that at all, I even told her that. Then I proceeded to tell her that MIL needs a dryer and refrigerator so I am giving her mine before the sale takes place. I explained why to her, but somehow I think she missed the point.

It seems that Mom got defensive and snapped that she's a renter and should have the rights to use our appliances. Well, if I were just taking them for no reason I'd agree but I'd rather help MIL than leave things that she needs for the bank. Is my reasoning faulty? It seems that she feels we are favoring MIL over her which isn't the case at all. I'd just rather help someone I love than some obscure bank who has dragged it's feet in getting my home sold!

Now not only are we getting foreclosed on, but I won't be able to sleep tonight knowing that Mom is mad at me. No matter what I do I just can't seem to win.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

7 comments:

Barbee' said...

Oh, Cindy, when it rains it pours! Isn't it the truth! I guess it's true that troubles come in 3's. By the time I reached my age and am supposed to be wise, I have learned from experience that when things seem the blackest - I know a good time is just around the corner. My mother-in-law once told me that when things get so bad it seems you can't go on - it resolves itself, one way or another. You surely are being tested. Hugs! and looking forward to the better times.

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
So sorry for all your troubles! The only good thing about the foreclosure is that an end is in sight...it's not ending the way you wanted, but it will be done and you can move past it.

I'm sue itt doesn't help that your mom is upset. Is it possible to say that you sold the appliances to your mom and then they wouldn't be considered the banks' property? How does that work? Your mom/renter doesn't have to have all of her possessions/furniture out by that June 16th or does she? How much past the Sheriff's sale date can your mom stay in the house? Probably not too much longer, I'm guessing. Maybe if you could leave the appliances for your mom to use while she's living there and then give them to your MIL when you mom has to vacate the property that would make both mothers happy---?
Take care!

tina said...

She just needs to calm down and let the heat of the moment go. It will be ok.

Gail said...

cindy,

So sorry....feelings get easily hurt during crisis. I am sending (((hugs)))) and good thoughts your way!

gail

Unknown said...

Thanks for allof the hugs. I talked to MIL and I'm feeling better now. I also took a little shopping excursion (don't worry, I controlled my spending), cleaned the garage, and got a few new plants into some of my hanging baskets.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had a falling out with your Mom, it will all work out in the end, family is family, right? :) Big hugs to you Cinj!

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

All of that sounds hard. I hope things even out for you soon.

Deb