Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

A walk through the woods

I saw that we were finally starting to have flowers bloom this weekend, so I decided to take a walk through the woods to see what else I could find. Well, it's a dandelion so some of you may not agree with the terminology....



This little bee seems to enjoy the yellow flowering plant. Must not be all in a name to these little guys!



I'm not exactly sure what these are, but I found a bunch of them growing all over the woods. I love the contrast between the green leaves and red berries. It reminds me of something that I put out at Christmas time!



I only found one fern frond emerging. Before long the woods will be smothered in these ferns though. The floor of the woods will be covered in luscious green growth.




I also discovered what appeared to me to be some sort of den. I decided to split before the owner returned!



I just couldn't pass by this lovely stump without snapping a picture of this beauty! Wouldn't it look fabuous all planted up with sprawling ivy and flowers? Maybe a bit of moss growing up the sides. Ah, too bad it's so far away from the house!

Alas, there are no other flowers in bloom yet. Many varieties of moss were found too, but they didn't turn out well in the pictures so I won't post them.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I saw a few of those "yellow" flowers in my yard too :) I love ferns, I can't imagine a whole forest full of them. That stump is pretty cool, I'd probably be dragging it home some how doing something with it...yard art of some kind :)

Anonymous said...

Cinj, that red-berried woodland plant is wintergreen!!! Lucky, lucky you to have it growing naturally in your woods!

Gail said...

cinj,
our friend ben is so right and you are lucky to have that plant...it is on my wish I could have this plant list but not a chez cedar!

Oh the wild flowers you can grow! I wonder what else is hiding in the leaf mold.

Gail

tina said...

I know those red berries as teaberries. As kids we would eat the berries and chew on the leaves. It is what teaberry gum is made of and is pretty big in Maine where I am from. It grows naturally there. Lucky you! I tried it here in Tennessee and it lasted one year before it petered out. Too hot and humid.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Hey, a flower's a flower. At least there's something finally blooming in your neck of the woods.

Unknown said...

Kathi- Those flowers are popping up all over the place. There's also a few purple flowers now growing in my yard. They're wonderful!

If I wanted to take that stump home I'd have to buy a chainsaw first. It is really neat though.

Ben, Gail, Tina- Neat. I'm not great with plant names, but they are wonderful to look at. I have to go in a week or so and see what else I can find growing before the thorn bushes start clogging up all of the room to walk.

MMD- So true. I'm glad we finally have flowers growing. Yey.