Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Another mystery.

This time, it's a spider? I think... It has a tail though. Longer than the spider's body. Weird.



I've never seen anything quite like it. Maybe I haven't been very observant since I became depressed though. I mean I lived in this house for 5 years before we moved, how could I have possibly never seen something like that???

I know, I know I said I'd post my new garden arbor photos today. It got so hot though. It was in the 70's. That's not usually too hot for June, but when the day starts out at 40 degrees it's quite a big change. I'll finish tomorrow morning, I PROMISE! Okay? It's 1/2 done or a little more. I've got a couple of plants to move that I planted earlier this spring. I think they would go beautifully in my new arbor garden. I need a few extra plants anyway. Then the mulch to lay. I'm not sure if I'll get any edging done, but as long as the rest of it is done I'm not going to be too picky.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

8 comments:

Ki said...

Just a quick note, I believe it's a wolf spider that caught a caterpillar. The part hanging down is the limp caterpillar with the spider to the top right of the caterpillar. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a very nice comment.

ChrisND said...

Yeah, I would think it's a spider and a caterpillar. But it is an interesting picture... The things you find when you stop and look.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

That is ewwww whatever it is. Looks like half spider/half caterpillar...lol

Anonymous said...

Good shot for halloween! Looking forward to seeing your arbor garden!

Anonymous said...

I didn't even see the spider at first--lol. I saw a very strange bird yesterday. It was part cardinal and part black bird. It was super strange.

Good you got some warm weather and that is funny you say it's hot. I would love 70s. I think we had one day of it in the last 2 monts. It's been unusually warm here--like in the 100's when we are usually in the mid 80s. I look forward to seeing your arbor.

Anonymous said...

Eeewww, Cinj, definitely a spider with a pretty desiccated caterpillar. Nature red in tooth and claw!

Unknown said...

Hi all! I know, I said it was weird, didn't I? I asked about it on what bug is this, I'm waiting to hear what they have to say. It does look like the spider is eating a catepillar, but I thought they only sucked fluids? Oh well.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

EEEWWWW is right! I think it's a wolf spider and an army or tent caterpillar :) Good photography Cinj!