Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Home Sweet Home

Vacation was fun, but it's good to be home! I must say I don't miss that traffic at all. My friends? YES!

I guess you can't have everything though. Over there even the peaceful country like settings are rushed and traffic filled. I wouldn't trade my home for anything!

I had several blooms waiting to greet me when we got home. The peonies were luxiriantly sweet smelling. I breifly contemplated making a lovely floral arrangement with them, some delphiniums, and wild daisies. Then I remembered the cats. They'd maul those flowers almost immediately so I decided I'd leave them outside for the birds and butterflies to enjoy as well. The ants did work very hard on these lovely blooms anyway.



I did take a close up of the peony, but I liked this shot too. I had 4 lovley blooms that are in all of their glory when we returned. The ants worked on these when they were done with the others. They did bloom before I left as did the knockout. I even took pictures. But since I was so busy and MIL doesn't have internet I didn't get around to posting those pics. Sorry.



My garden was overflowing with blooms upon my return. I have two of these plants. One is more purplish and the other has a bluish hew to it. I had the reign in the larger one with some wire fencing that I had put up front earlier this spring. They were sprawled out all over the sidewalk and I knew the kids would trample all over them without a second thought. This one is smaller than the other.



The spirea was blooming too. Not like my bridal white was in MN, but pretty enough. It's still pretty small yet, but in a couple of years I'm sure it will be just as lovely.



I have blue and white delphiniums. They are absolutely HUGE. No creeping here, they leaped right away even though I just planted all of these last summer. They're monsterous, but in a beautiful way. I'll take pics of the enire plant soon. I think the white one is taller than me! (okay, not that that feat takes much, but still....)



My mini rose that I planted last summer also had a bloom for me, with several more buds that will be opening any day now. Why was I so worried? Isn't it beautiful all dainty pink and small?

There are also 4 kinds of wildflowers blooming as well as a deep purple clematis, salvia, lavendar, spiderwort, astibile, and several other perrineals. I love my serenely beautiful blossom filled garden!

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

10 comments:

Sheila said...

Isn't it amazing how much the garden seems to grow and change when we are away for even a short time? Your homecoming blooms are lovely!

Skeeter said...

Peony just now blooming? Wow, you sure are behind us here in bording zones 7-8...

Philip Bewley said...

I enjoyed seeing them. Any thoughts on growing delphiniums? I had great luck with larkspur this year, but the delphiniums never worked out ( at least so far) shall I tray again next year? Do you have a lot of manure in soil?
Best,
Philip

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Welcome Home! I enjoyed everything you shared about your vacation :). Your flowers are stunning, thank you for sharing their beauty.

Unknown said...

Sheila- Thanks for stopping by! It is crazy, isn't it? I love it though. It seemed a lot easier to wait for them to bloom while I distracted with all of those activities.

Skeeter- I know, it's crazy isn't it? Usually they aren't quite this late.

Philip- Always nice when a new person drops by. I make sure my delphiniums are well mulched and watered. They have lots of good topsoil mixed with manure and sphagnum. Best of luck with yours. They're totally worth the effort though!

Kathi- Thanks. It's great to be home. I missed it here, our vacation was so hectic. I really like the laid back life style that the northwoods provides us with. I'm glad you enjoyed my flowers. I go out and check them out several times a day. I swear I'm obsessed with them sometimes. Maybe I wouldn't be quite so crazy if I had year round flowers. Or... maybe I'd be even crazier!

Anonymous said...

Your flowers are beautiful Cinj. I used to have delphiniums that grew as well, but once I moved to a warmer climate, they were never the same. Another good thing (besides low traffic) about living where you do!

lisa said...

Your flowers are doing great! I'm sorry I haven't been able to get that box to you yet, but I will over the holiday weekend for sure! I'll send you an email when it's on the way. :)

Unknown said...

Kathleen- Thanks. I'm so glad they're prospering. I enjoy them very much. I like my new home more and more every day!

Lisa- Thanks. I was pretty worried about them and if they'd come back. I'm so glad to have them flourishing so well. At this rate I'll be having some plants to give away soon!

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Wow, your Penstemon & Delphimiums are gorgeous. I've been too chicken to try Delphiniums. What an amazing shade of blue.

Kylee Baumle said...

I'm drooling over those Penstemons! I've not seen that color before. Do you know the name of them? And the little orange things under your peonies...what are those? So pretty and cute!