Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

I think I just gave Mom one of her favorite birthday presents ever!

I'd like to thank my ex-brother-in-law CM for helping me make this gift possible. I wish I had gotten a picture of the look on her face when she saw us coming with my neice and nephew. We didn't know if it would work out, so it was a secret from everyone. My family found out the day before the trip to the zoo when their dad called and let me know he was able to work everything out.



I took a picture of mom and her grandkids. I think it was an awesome day for all of us. My kids were extremely happy to see their cousins again. It's been a couple of years. Peanut would not stop jabbering to them about every event in her life.
I did actually take some pictures of the animals, but I don't think I'm going to share them. Who hasn't seen lions and tigers and bears? (Oh my!)



Isn't this an adorable picture? Peanut was in it too, but she was looking elsewhere and the back of her head was all you could see.



There were lots of tall plants growing around here as well as bonsai, flowers, and other assorted things. We spent quite a while inside the conservatory buildings since it was chilly and raining. There were birds flying free and caged things such as anacondas, tarantulas, and other assorted things I would never want to run into in the wild.



The gardens were brimming with exotic flowers. I loved the lilies, roses, geraniums, orchids, and other assorted flowers. The sunken garden was one of my favorite places to visit. I wonder why they got rid of the koi that they used to house in the pond....



I like the formation under these. I called them bananas at first, but mom siad they grew on bushes. I supposed that makes these plantains?

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful treat for your mom and all of you, Cinj! I'm so glad you got to spend quality time together as a family. And you're right, those are bananas, which do in fact grow on (usually very tall) trees. I keep trying to grow dwarf banana trees in my greenhouse, but what they call "dwarfs" are still 6-8 feet tall.

Unknown said...

Hi Ben. Me too, it was a very special day. I'm glad we were able to arrange it. My sister makes him sound so unreasonable, but I was sure glad that he wanted to help us make this day possible.

garden girl said...

A visit from my grandson (who now lives on the east coast with his mamma,) and my daughter would be the best birthday present ever. Your mom looks very happy with her birthday surprise! What a special occasion for everyone. Glad you were able to pull it off Cindy!

Skeeter said...

Dont ya just love surprises? Looks like a great day was had by all...

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

What a wonderful surprise for your Mother, the best gift you could ever give her! You were pretty close to where my brother lives :).

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone. I've been trying to call her today (since it's her actual birthday today), but her phone battery died that day and I haven't been able to talk to her since. It's very strange.

lisa said...

What a thoughtful gesture! Nice that you got to visit a greenhouse too, I'd love to have one attached to my house eventually. Unfortunatly I have more daydreams than money! ;-)

Unknown said...

Lisa- HA! So very true, isn't it? Well on the bright side if we don't own them we also don't have to maintain them....