Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Munsinger Gardens in St. Cloud, MN

I just love visiting these gardens. These first few pictures are of the Virginia Clemmons (Er, did I spell that right?) gardens just up the hill from munsinger. These gardens were built across the street from their house because she was no longer able to have her own garden. I always thought that was so sweet. They were built more recently than the Munsinger Gardens were. We lived in the general area (give or take 30 miles) when the rose gardens were built, although it's hard for me to recall an exact date. When we lived in MN we tried to visit at least once a year. Such a lovely serene place. I wonder why I didn't walk over here and visit them more often when I was going to college right across the river....

I visited here on my last trip to MN, you know... before the sheriff's sale. I've been so busy I forgot to share them with you.



Usually this time of year the roses would be in full bloom, but they weren't. That's okay, I was still happy to be able to get here. This is what you see on one end of the gardens.



After meandering around, you climb a hill. I love the view from the top of the hill. Since the spring had been so cold, there were countless gardeners getting plants in the dirt. I felt like kneeling down and helping them out, but Mom had to work later so I wasn't able to.



Once we were done admiring the plants in the sunny upper gardens, we headed down to the river. There is a good shade coverage down here. So many plants I'd love to have. It seemed they had so many plant varieties that I didn't know. I could name many more than mom did though, so I sure felt smart. Not that she's not, but it feels good to know something your mom doesn't. Does that make me weird?



The path is well used down by the river. The sound of gravel crunching under foot is lovely. Countless benches and swings lne the path too. You can see people running and/or walking on the path on any given day. There was one swing nestled in between the lilac bushes that I could have spent all day enjoying. I adore the sweet smell of lilacs!




There are lots of fountains and plenty of places to walk around and enjoy the beautiful flowers both above and below. The gentle sound of trickling water can be heard in many places throughout the gardens as well. Fountains abound all over, except down by the river where you can enjoy the sounds of the river. One of my favorite sounds besides the water is the ducks. Look at this mom in charge of all of the kids. How typical! Do you know where I saw the dad? Taking a nap farther up the river. Just like a man to leave the woman in charge of all the kids and go off to "work"! At least the human males actually work when they say they're going to.

Of course I had over 100 pictures from here too, but then you'd be here drooling all over my blog instead of enjoying your own gardens. I couldn't do that to you now, could I?

You can

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

12 comments:

tina said...

I am so envious of those brick paths. Thanks for sharing this garden. The hosta garden is awesome too!

Unknown said...

Oh Tina, you should see it. I just love visiting there. You should see all of the plants there.

Monica the Garden Faerie said...

Looking at photos of other gardens might keep us from working in our own, BUT just think of the time and travel expense it SAVES us from going there ourselves?!?! I love armchair garden travel. Glad I'm not the only one who takes too many photos at gardens! ;-)
~ Monica

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful garden Cinj. I would visit at least once a year too if I lived near something like that!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Gardens and I never tire of seeing them. I could travel all over the world just looking at Gardens. Thanks for sharing and I'm glad things have settled down a bit.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

I love looking at pictures of flowers and gardens...perhaps this winter you can tease us with some more pictures! :)

Unknown said...

Monica- That's true. But, being me I'd have to go and see them because the pictures are so tempting.

Yup, I'm a chronic picture taker. You should see Cheesehead go into hiding when I take out the camera. I guess I'm a bit embarrasing to hang out with. Maybe we should start a club!

Kathleen- I know, it's great isn't it? I wish I could visit it again while the roses are in bloom, but it's too far to drive. Most years I went more than once.

Anna- Me too. My skin's finally starting to clear up too. I'm so glad. I never had a skin problem until all of this nasty stress hit. Glad to share, I'll throw a few more up later this year.

Kathi- What a great idea, I think I'll do that. So many flowers, so little time!

lisa said...

Thank you for the tour! This is one of my favorite things about blogging, all the cool places I get to see without spending a dime! Heh, I'm a hard-core picture taker, too...probably why I'm still single ;-) (Along with personal preference, of course!) I'm glad to hear that your stress level is coming down, that's not good for your health, and life's too short as it is.

Unknown said...

Lisa- Yes, it is neat, isn't it? I've got some more great pictures from the conservatory too. I was glad to share with you!

Barbee' said...

Oh, Cinj, thank you for sharing your photos. I had never heard of these gardens. Thank you for telling us about them. Your photos are wonderful! Yes, it would be great for a wintertime post.Until then, work, work, work. Ugh, this heat, yuk! Could use a little of that winter cool right now.

Kylee Baumle said...

I would love to see those pictures! I'll likely never get there myself, so bring 'em on, girl! :-) It looks like a lovely place to spend a day meandering up and down the paths.

Unknown said...

Barbee- They're not very widely known outside of MN, but I just love going there! Don't talk too soon, winter will be here before we know it!

Kylee- It's hard to get too far from home unless you've got a good reason to do it. Always happy to share. I could spend all day there wandering and sniffing flowers. Cheesehead and I used to like to go there and feed the ducks, but they frown on that now. Apparently they leave the place a bit messy.