Do NOT Copy

Do NOT Copy

Baby Blue Birds Have Hatched

They just hatched today, they were still eggs when I checked on them yesterday. The looked like little leaves laying in the nest, not a bit of fuzz on them yet even. I didn't run back out with my camera because I didn't want to disturb mama bird too much. She's got 4 more mouths to feed now, she'll need all the time and energy she has to take care of them.

I told the kids they'll have to play in the back yard until the babies have grown and left the nest. I'm sure glad that I have flowers planted in the back yard too. No more dawdling while I water flowers admiring their beauty, new buds, and blooms. I don't want anything bad to happen to the babies on my account! Her nest is about 2 feet from my sidewalk and driveway smack dab in the center of one of my gardens. I guess it's a good thing we don't get too many visitors out here or she'd be running scared all of the time.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a message and a backlink. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cindy

7 comments:

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Oh boy! baby birdies! :D let's see!

I have something on my blog for you!

Gail said...

How wonderful..Do your babies enjoy the birds, too!

Gail

Unknown said...

Oh Kathi, you shouldn't have! Thanks. The birds are hairless right now with one egg still to hatch. I'll take some pictures when you can see something other than a pink wriggling back side, okay?

Gail- They sure do. Peanut has been questioning me about what baby birds eat. I have warned her MANY more times than once that she is to absolutely steer clear of them. I could see her mauling the poor babies with all of her pent up animal love. I'd hate to see that happen.

lisa said...

How cute! The kids will certainly have lots of fun watching them grow up. Although they're kinda in the way, don't you just love "inconveniences" like this?

Unknown said...

That's for sure! We try to check on them no more than once daily so we don't jeopardize their health. I'm just glad to do my part!

Anonymous said...

that is so neat that you can actually see them! I'm glad to know there will be more baby bluebirds compliments of you and your yard!

Unknown said...

Kathleen- I guess it's a good thing I never got rid of all of those pesky bugs earlier this year. My birds are fat and happy. I hope the supply stays plentiful for them and their babies!